What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID issue with setting up iCloud. Not sure where to post.

Stacey Sheppard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try to be as specific as possible. I have already tried going into the Apple Store, who gave me a website, who passed me through to others, and now to another site... Alas, no one seems to be able to help. I have two major issues, I'm not sure if they are linked or not. He is part one.

I have had an iTunes account, since like, forever. I signed in with a username. Downloaded hundreds of songs, got new computers, authorized multiple computers, redownloaded, burned... All the normal things one does, with not a bit of trouble. Then, a few years ago or whenever it was, Apple changed the system so you now sign in with an email address and not the username. Still, no problems, sign in to download and etc.

Then, my spouse buys me the new iPad (3) in April. I realize fairly quickly that my MacBook Pro (2010) does not run the latest Lion operating system. A quick run into Apple who say yes, this is the download you want, then you can set up your iCloud to be connected. Awesome! So, I go home, I update my MacBook Pro, where now some of my software no longer works (which is a whole different issue, but I'm working with it), and an iCloud App on my iPad won't connect.

Why is this you ask? For the simple reason that I can sign in two ways:
Option A: username + password = money on the account...
Option B: email address + identical as above password = no money on the account...

Note that I get all app and iTunes purchase receipts to the email in question.

For whatever reason iCloud will not accept my information stating that they are in whole or in part incorrect. both myself and Apple have tried to make it work hence the novel being sent to the website and etc.

now for part two.
I decided I would use the little over $8 on the apple account, and start a new account to set up iCloud. There are a couple in app brushes i would love to add to 'procreate'. This option is tossed away, as at some point I must have set the restrictions four number pin, and after six tries (of which I have written down each time) none of them work. I have no ideas at this point what the coding would be, nothing on this iPad has been backed up due to the iCloud system, which leads back to the Apple ID issue.

I am beyond frustrated as I'm being pawned off to others. I only have four restriction tries left. Would the world stop spinning if my machine were to be erased? No. I'm not that type of professional... But I was just finishing up a semester of grad school, I have done some photos, artwork, downloaded games for my son... It'd be a huge bother. And, before I lose it all, I would at least like to know if there is help out there regarding the ID.

Any ideas seriously at this point I am grateful for. Thank you in advance.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You don't have to use the same id for both icloud and itunes purchases. Just setup an icloud account and use that for icloud functions and use your original account for itunes purchases.

OP
Stacey Sheppard

Stacey Sheppard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
You don't have to use the same id for both icloud and itunes purchases. Just setup an icloud account and use that for icloud functions and use your original account for itunes purchases.

Seriously? So simple yet your the first to suggest it.... Off I go to give it a shot.

OP
Stacey Sheppard

Stacey Sheppard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stacey Sheppard said:
Seriously? So simple yet your the first to suggest it.... Off I go to give it a shot.

Made a new Apple ID, have iCloud now up and running! Thank you so much!

OP
Stacey Sheppard

Stacey Sheppard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
I'm surprised apple themselves didn't tell you. They have a link on their website that explains it.

Apple IDs and iCloud

They didn't... I really wish they had. I followed all the steps, reformatted just as it said, and the restriction code is still there... As I've been warned, simply because I cant figure out how to find things. I am logging off, and cancelling this app.

Most reactions

Latest posts