What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anyone buy an iPad Pro who didn't have an iPad?

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just have a hard time thinking that anyone would skip the iPad and go straight to the Pro, although I can't rationally see why they couldn't. It just seems like most people would probably try out a regularly sized iPad before going to the Pro. On the other hand, maybe you have a different 10" tablet, but have switched to Apple.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Visual art/design professionals and amateurs alike will probably be very tempted by an iPad Pro, where the earlier iPads would have been less compelling. This is the main group I see jumping straight into an iPad Pro.

Pretty much any other professional or general consumer will likely need at least some time with a smaller tablet (of any brand) before deciding a bigger tablet is right for them.

Much like many computer users started out with a cheap, small computer, then upgraded when they decided it wasn't enough. Lots of people jumped on netbooks as their first computer when they got real cheap. Most of them ended up on full laptops after discovering the limitations of the netbook.

I'm not saying it is an exact parallel. iPad's have never been cheap, and as long as you bought the current model they were never underpowered (for a tablet).

But smaller and cheaper is almost always the starting point for anyone who is not certain about what they want, and how they are going to use it.

craftEcowgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We ordered ipad pro and mini 4. Haven't had ipad for years and it was original Ipad. Loving both pro and mini. Using mini as phone!

--------
Ipad mini 4 & Ipad Pro, pencil
Iggy named Roxy

craftEcowgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL.

Whats your impression of the Pro?

Big and beautiful! Screen is huge but I knew it would be. Resolution is crisp. Downloaded a hidden game and though it looks a little fuzzy the screen size makes up for it. Look forward to games and more apps being updated for use with it. Pen is wonderful and miss it on my mini.

c8c9caba483bced8ccb1a9849d984723.jpg

--------
Ipad mini 4 & Ipad Pro, pencil
Iggy named Roxy

John D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just have a hard time thinking that anyone would skip the iPad and go straight to the Pro, although I can't rationally see why they couldn't. It just seems like most people would probably try out a regularly sized iPad before going to the Pro. On the other hand, maybe you have a different 10" tablet, but have switched to Apple.

I bought the pro first time around , I was using my wifes ipad mini for practicing drums. I felt with the larger screen I could put up a full page at a time. I wear glasses for reading so I have to enlarge the print a little bit. Now I am looking for a good holder to perhaps clamp onto an existing stand so I dont need to add another stand. I came across a company called caddy buddy, they have a new one they are coming out with it is not shown online yet (as of this writing) but he sent me over a couple of pics and it looks pretty good. They are available if you give Mike a call he will help you out.

Most reactions