What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Descriptive title labels no longer appearing undersome video tiles after sync

provlima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that the last two videos I have uploaded to my ipad it from itunes are not displaying their title info under the image tiles of the movies. The descriptive label info is missing when I view the video tile selection screen in the ipads video screen. I also noticed there are about 4 other previously loaded videos that also don't have info labels under the tiles.

The title information is typed in correctly on the itunes info screen and appears under the tiles in itunes cover flow view but for some reason its not being shown in the ipad video selection screen after the sync.

I deleted the two videos and re synced but that didnt solve the problem. I also restored the ipad and that didn't help either.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks for any help.

Jim

OP
P

provlima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...am not sure what you mean by metadata, but checking the itunes info file everything in the info>get info tab appears to be filled in.
The title of the video shows up in the itunes movies selection menus but not under the ipad video selection tiles

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
provlima said:
Thanks for your reply...am not sure what you mean by metadata, but checking the itunes info file everything in the info>get info tab appears to be filled in.
The title of the video shows up in the itunes movies selection menus but not under the ipad video selection tiles

Well it was worth a check anyway. When you say iPad video selection tiles, do you mean in the Video app where the videos are shown in a list down the page? So you get just the thumbnail of the video, but no title next to it?

OP
P

provlima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it was worth a check anyway. When you say iPad video selection tiles, do you mean in the Video app where the videos are shown in a list down the page? So you get just the thumbnail of the video, but no title next to it?

Yes it displays the thumbnail and no title under it.
Thanks again for your help!

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if it is the same, but my videos will - at times, and for long periods of time, suddenly use the wrong images. I.E. a Bugs Bunny video will have the icon for a movie and they aren't swapped, they are all just wrong.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
provlima said:
Yes it displays the thumbnail and no title under it.
Thanks again for your help!

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same app, but the titles appear to the right of the thumbnail for the video, not underneath. I am looking at the default Video app. If you are using another third party app, please provide the name of it. Syncing videos to a third party app will be different to syncing to the default Video app.

Last edited:

Most reactions