What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

deleting photos which have been sync. to ipad

paperweight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have sync. all my photos from my PC to my I Pad but there are some I do not want to keep, how can I delete these please
I would really prefer to start all again and do a folder from my PC at a time is this possible please
I am a silver surfer so please lay mans terms!! thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
paperweight said:
I have sync. all my photos from my PC to my I Pad but there are some I do not want to keep, how can I delete these please
I would really prefer to start all again and do a folder from my PC at a time is this possible please
I am a silver surfer so please lay mans terms!! thanks

You would have to delete the photos from the folder on your PC, then sync the iPad, thereby removing the photos from your iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPadclassic said:
First Happy New Year 2013, and there is a tap that you can select the photograph(s) right on the iPad 1 that allows you to delete/erase as well. Enjoy!

Not for photos synced to the iPad from the PC, there isn't.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The best solution is to create a folder on your PC, just for the photos you want to sync to the iPad. In this folder create other folders, one for each album you want to appear on the iPad. You want only two layers of folders. The master folder, and the album folders that you will place (copies of) the actual pictures in.

When you've done this plug your iPad into your computer and select it in iTunes. Go to the Photos tab at the top and change your sync to the new master folder. If you like you can choose to sync the entire folder, or only specific album folders. When done, sync. The old photo album will be deleted and replaced by your new photos and albums.

From this point on when you want to make changes you do so in the master folder, then sync again. If you want a new album, just create a new album folder and put the new photos in it. To delete a folder, delete it from the master folder; or you can just unslect it from the sync settings if you might want to add it again later.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

The other benefit of doing it this way is that the original photos are not at risk, since you will (hopefully) only put copies in the sync folder(s).

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
vesancy said:
So what is the Delete tab in Photos for then?

It's for deleting photos that were created on the iPad or emailed to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts