What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting contact completely

Gaenor Hateley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1. When I delete a contact (say Barbara) from the contact book the name still appears when I want to send an e-mail and I press B to bring up all the B names. How do I get rid of Barbara completely? Apologies if this has cropped up before but I am new to this game!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you can't remove those names from your e-mail. It's one of the "features" provided by Apple. It has been a constant complaint from iPad users (maybe even all iDevice users) since they first appeared. There is no way to clean that "helpful" part out.

The only consolation I can give you is the knowledge that you are not alone. Oh, and eventually, if you use enough emails, that name should sink down the auto-list where you might not see it.

The other you could do is submit a customer report to Apple and ask them to fix this feature. Hey, it could work! :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Marilyn

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, you can't remove those names from your e-mail. It's one of the "features" provided by Apple. It has been a constant complaint from iPad users (maybe even all iDevice users) since they first appeared. There is no way to clean that "helpful" part out.

The only consolation I can give you is the knowledge that you are not alone. Oh, and eventually, if you use enough emails, that name should sink down the auto-list where you might not see it.

The other you could do is submit a customer report to Apple and ask them to fix this feature. Hey, it could work! :D

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Marilyn

I hate the contact application and its relationship with the mail accounts. See my thread about all my contacts deleted in the help discussion.
Also, I never got an answer to the question about why my gmail does not offer contacts option in the setting page of the ipad, while the 2 yahoo accounts do.
I suspect that the deleted contacts were associated with the gmail account , and disappeared together with the possibility of seeing a contact option for that account.

OP
G

Gaenor Hateley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your helpful if depressing comments about being unable to delete unwanted entries in the contacts section!
Gaenor Hateley

Most reactions

Latest posts