What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting all contacts in iPad2

davidwil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOw do I delete all contacts in iPad 2?
Because I did not know that I could synch contacts from windows XP (ie from Outlook Express) I started to enter them manually.
Now I cannot delete these and synching in Info does not seem to work.
No items are added from. The Windows Address Book and the manually entered items remain.

I have tried unchecking Sync and deleting the contents but they are not deleted.

Help appreciated.

David

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOw do I delete all contacts in iPad 2?
Because I did not know that I could synch contacts from windows XP (ie from Outlook Express) I started to enter them manually.
Now I cannot delete these and synching in Info does not seem to work.
No items are added from. The Windows Address Book and the manually entered items remain.

I have tried unchecking Sync and deleting the contents but they are not deleted.

Help appreciated.

David

if you uncheck the sync contacts box in iTunes, you will be asked if you want all contacts removed from you device.

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just goto itunes uncheck the contacts box and then press sync. You can also use ContactDel app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
if you uncheck the sync contacts box in iTunes, you will be asked if you want all contacts removed from you device.

I'm pretty sure this only works if you were actually syncing the contacts in the first place. I'm thinking the OP was using the contacts app local only. That's harder. You almost have to sync/merge your contacts before you can delete them.

I'd give the ContactDel app mentioned by Forhad a look first. I've never heard of it before, but if it works it would be the easiest method I've heard of by a long shot. Or look for similar apps in the store specifically for iPads. Read the reviews carefully though. These one-shot apps are often junk.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I'm pretty sure this only works if you were actually syncing the contacts in the first place. I'm thinking the OP was using the contacts app local only. That's harder. You almost have to sync/merge your contacts before you can delete them.

I'd give the ContactDel app mentioned by Forhad a look first. I've never heard of it before, but if it works it would be the easiest method I've heard of by a long shot. Or look for similar apps in the store specifically for iPads. Read the reviews carefully though. These one-shot apps are often junk.

Either way iTunes can still overwrite or delete contacts, I have used this method in re-creating my own contacts a few times , I use 3 address books on my iPhone and a Business one on my iPad, the app mentioned looks good, but if you start to synch with icloud and outlook it gets messy, and all the incorrect address's comes back, I manage my contacts in Outlook, so this is the source.

Method to use with iTunes:

Synch to outlook express in iTunes , it will merge or overwrite
Then deselect synch, it will ask to remove the complete contact list, say yes
Re synch with outlook EXPRESS which hopefully is the OP's source contact list
Thats it.

OP
D

davidwil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the contactdel app and was able to delete my contacts (all of which I had entered manually.)
However when I used Info to again synchronise to the Windows Address Book no contacts were added to my iPad.
(I checked on both contacts and Mail)

I presume I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what!
When synching it gave a message that mail was being synced.

I am attaching my settings as a screen capture.

David

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davidwil said:
I bought the contactdel app and was able to delete my contacts (all of which I had entered manually.)
However when I used Info to again synchronise to the Windows Address Book no contacts were added to my iPad.
(I checked on both contacts and Mail)

I presume I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what!
When synching it gave a message that mail was being synced.

I am attaching my settings as a screen capture.

David

My guess the Windows Address book is empty, hence no contacts going across?

I see no attachment of your settings?

Most reactions

Latest posts