What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete/hide previously purchased apps on ios 6 app store?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In iOS 5 it was no problem, swipe across it and delete. In iOS 6, it does nothing. Is there a other way to hide some previously purchased apps in the App Store?

Solution (1/3/13): you can hide previously purchased apps via iTunes 11. Go to the iTunes Store, on the right side there should be a 'quick links' section with a "purchases" link; click that link, then go to apps sections, hover over the icon and click the x at the top corner of the app.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
In iOS 5 it was no problem, swipe across it and delete. In iOS 6, it does nothing. Is there a other way to hide some previously purchased apps in the App Store?

While you can delete an app from your iPad and from iTunes on your computer, you can't delete or hide your purchase history in the AppStore. You won't see it though, unless you tap the purchased button at the bottom of the AppStore page.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
While you can delete an app from your iPad and from iTunes on your computer, you can't delete or hide your purchase history in the AppStore. You won't see it though, unless you tap the purchased button at the bottom of the AppStore page.

Sucks to hear :( thanks though

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I googled something like "hide apps ios 6" and saw a thread on Mac forum that says you can hide via iTunes.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I googled something like "hide apps ios 6" and saw a thread on Mac forum that says you can hide via iTunes.

Well I was looking to hide the purchased apps in the App Store that aren't downloaded. I've downloaded all of the trial angry birds, or just other random free apps that ive deleted and will NEVER download again. And I just don't like scrolling through 200 previously purchased apps, more than half of which I won't use, just to find a few apps.

Though I will google that because on another note I am curious of hiding apps in iOS 6 without jailbreaking :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I was looking to hide the purchased apps in the App Store that aren't downloaded. I've downloaded all of the trial angry birds, or just other random free apps that ive deleted and will NEVER download again. And I just don't like scrolling through 200 previously purchased apps, more than half of which I won't use, just to find a few apps.

Though I will google that because on another note I am curious of hiding apps in iOS 6 without jailbreaking :D

Long shot: I wonder whether (if you still have another iDevice on iOS 5) if you hide on there, if it will be visible on an iDevice with iOS 6. I mention that because lots of people have multiple iDevices.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Long shot: I wonder whether (if you still have another iDevice on iOS 5) if you hide on there, if it will be visible on an iDevice with iOS 6. I mention that because lots of people have multiple iDevices.

Great question, but all my iOS devices are on iOS 6 :[

kyzmette

iPF Noob
Reaction score

To hide purchases in the AppStore in iOS6, press and hold the control key while selecting the purchase you want to hide.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

This is true. Thanks! Fund out you can do it through iTunes. I'm going to edit my main post to include a how to.

Most reactions

Latest posts