What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decent Drawing App

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody have suggestions for a good iPad drawing/art app? Im not looking for any super-professional, just some basic fill, straight line, and brush tools for a simple web comic.

triny89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have zen brush which runs very smooth but all you can do is sketch and it has no colors or different tools. I also have sketchbookX which has so much stuff kind of like photoshop it even has layers. One think about sketchbookX is that it's not as smooth( flowy? Accurate? Sensitive?) as zen brush.

triny89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerpoet thanks for that link. I just took advantage of a weekend sale for Inspire Pro. I payed 99 cents for the app when the original price is $8!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome. Appadvice.com is a good site to keep an eye on for deals, and, well, advice. Appshopper.com is also a great site for bargain watchers.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the input I ended up going with Brushes for iPad

jrodriguezk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
Anyone knows which app I can buy to do the following?
I want to print my drawings on size 3x4 feet. I'm told the settings need to be 300 dpi on the app, I don't think I can achieve that size with Sketchbook pro (which I have already).
After I draw, do I have to do anything with the file before it's ready to print, anything like retouching it on Illustrator or something?
Thanks very much!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Lol, 3x4 feet at 300 dpi? That's 14400 pixels wide!!! What's the print for? For what purpose? That's waaaaaaaaaay over kill for 99% of uses. Even pros wouldn't print at that size, not only that, I challenge you to find a printing process that can actually print that size at in the first place that won't cost you a small mortgage.

Besides, you can easily achieve 4x3 foot at half that dpi with little noticeable quality drop. The relationship of physical image size in inches to pixel size to dpi is generally very confusing to most peeps. And understandably so.

If you say what you actually want to achieve then we might be able to give you sensible suggestions.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts