What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dates For Pre-Order And Shipping?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't preorder a car without trying a demo first. We spend more time with a computer than with a car. If you don't like it what can you do?

That was my rational half.

Where do I preorder? Me wanna, me wanna!!!:p

OP
R

rserkes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice the latest rumor is that preorders will start Feb. 25. I realize that may just be another rumor. I have never preordered anything so I want to know what advantage would be and how long does it generally take to get item you preorder.

For other electronics, the advantage is to be put on an ordered waiting list. When the item is ready to ship it goes out to people in order on the list. If there are too few units for everyone then it's first come, first served. Otherwise you might have to wait for more units to be manufactured. I can't tell you that this is Apple's policy but it's the policy of many other electronics companies.

I'm going to be on the pre-order list. If I don't like the iPad (not much chance of that!) then I'll return it.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the only advantage is if it sells out, you will already be allotted one by making the preorder.

I don't think it will be completely sold out, but that all depends on how many Apple produces. I'm pre-ordering mine just in case, because I would like to have it as early as possible for school.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cancelling preorder?

If I preorder with Apple can I cancel if for some reason I want to?:confused:

Also do I have to Make deposit?

Last edited:

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I kind of think Apple will only have a limited number at first so they purposely sell out. This would cause more hype in the media and in return get the iPad more attention.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I kind of think Apple will only have a limited number at first so they purposely sell out. This would cause more hype in the media and in return get the iPad more attention.

Ditto. Its a usual business move on big system/ portable machines. They did the same when the wii came out in stores...it was a pain in the a s s to get it..hope it doesnt happen with the ipad.(it will but a man can dream).

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be patient if you don't want to have an heart attack

Ditto. Its a usual business move on big system/ portable machines. They did the same when the wii came out in stores...it was a pain in the a s s to get it..hope it doesnt happen with the ipad.(it will but a man can dream).

David just see how it will be complicated to get in hand a magic mousse , so imagine about the Ipad i bet many of us will don't get one in hand before May or April .....

Most reactions