What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Date / Time off by 1 Day in iPad A1219 on iOS 5.1

mmitsch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just finished repairing an iPad 1 (A1219, WIFI) and it's working great except for the Date / Time. If I set it to auto update in Settings it's getting me the wrong date (1 day behind) and the wrong time).

Is there any fix for this?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What city does it say it’s set to when you have the time set to automatic? Is that city in your time zone?

If not, the iPad probably thinks you are in a different time zone.

Go to Settings > Privacy. Scroll all the way to the bottom till you see the System Services. Open it and make sure you have Setting Time Zone turned on.

If your iPad is wi-fi only, the location service provided may not be as accurate. It will depends on what wi-fi networks the iPad can see, and whether Apple’s database is correct. As a last resort, the iPad may end up using the IP address of your internet provider, which may be located outside your timezone. VPNs can also affect your location.

The only recourse if your wi-fi only iPad can’t find it’s location based on Apple’s database is to turn off automatic and set your time zone manually. A cellular iPad should find it’s location as long as it isn’t deep in a building or other location where a GPS signal can’t reach. It will do this even if you don’t have a cellular plan, so long as location services are turned on.

OP
M

mmitsch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What city does it say it’s set to when you have the time set to automatic? Is that city in your time zone?

If not, the iPad probably thinks you are in a different time zone.

Go to Settings > Privacy. Scroll all the way to the bottom till you see the System Services. Open it and make sure you have Setting Time Zone turned on.

If your iPad is wi-fi only, the location service provided may not be as accurate. It will depends on what wi-fi networks the iPad can see, and whether Apple’s database is correct. As a last resort, the iPad may end up using the IP address of your internet provider, which may be located outside your timezone. VPNs can also affect your location.

The only recourse if your wi-fi only iPad can’t find it’s location based on Apple’s database is to turn off automatic and set your time zone manually. A cellular iPad should find it’s location as long as it isn’t deep in a building or other location where a GPS signal can’t reach. It will do this even if you don’t have a cellular plan, so long as location services are turned on.
Thank you VERY much for answering me!

the city it said was Indianapolis. I had put that in when I toggled to manual. I also had checked language, calendar type and location services.

Tonight I erased all data and reset all stings and now it’s ok. Can’t really figure out why but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

Maybe somebody else can get help from this post and, again, thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you VERY much for answering me!

the city it said was Indianapolis. I had put that in when I toggled to manual. I also had checked language, calendar type and location services.

Tonight I erased all data and reset all stings and now it’s ok. Can’t really figure out why but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

Maybe somebody else can get help from this post and, again, thanks!

Welcome to iPad Forums! I’m glad you fixed the problem, whatever caused it.

Most reactions

Latest posts