What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cropping facebook profile picture

sherryledo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody

When I click " make my profile pic" for any of my fb photos , the crop box appear , but u can not drag it from iPad to adjust size. Cropping option is disabled from iPad

I tried application photogene that is supposed to edit pic, crop it and send it or upload it to my " profile pics" album on fb , but unfortunately when i crop the pic through photogene and when I come to upload it to my profile pics album , I can not c that album in particular among my fb albums ...so this method does not work for me although it worked for other people ( I checked fb privacy setting nothing to do about it )

Sent from my iPad using iPF shereen Samy

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not think that cropping can be done, but Safari does not support uploading of pictures, try the icab web browser for this.

OP
sherryledo

sherryledo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased it and unfortunately it does not work :-( cropping I mean

But thanks anyway that browser seems better than safari lot

Sent from my iPad using iPF shereen Samy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a suggestion that ma work.

After you've cropped the picture in Photogene, just upload it. Doesn't matter what album. Make a new one if it does not fit your current crop. Now go back into Facebook and find an view the picture. If I remember right there will be link that says something like 'make this my profile pic'. Tap that.

If that does not work, say so and I'll see if I can come up with something better. Might take a while though. I'm pretty busy from tomorrow thru Sunday.

CAMLA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the Facebook app. Once you locate the image you want to use, open it up and then just hold down on it (instead of tapping). A menu will appear which lets you set it as your profile pic. Once you chose that, you'll be prompted to crop. Admittedly, this took me forever to figure out, so I thought I'd share.

Lrvas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you CAMLA!! Using app for over a year and never knew this. Makes life just a bit easier,

Most reactions