What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couldn't have said it better myself. The high cost of digital babysitters.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On three occasions I have used information gained from this forum to help people recoup money apparently lost due to children taking advantage of easy in app purchases, so I read this article with a sense of "Yeah! Been there; done that."

https://medium.com/adventures-in-consumer-technology/89c1b78b8159

I'm not going to sit there and sneer though. My advice is to use the facilities at your disposal for locking down your device to prevent this from happening in the first place.

In Settings, go to General/Restrictions, turn off "In App Purchases" and set Require Password to "Immediately", and DON'T forget your Restrictions password.

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
On three occasions I have used information gained from this forum to help people recoup money apparently lost due to children taking advantage of easy in app purchases, so I read this article with a sense of "Yeah! Been there; done that."

I'm not going to sit there and sneer though. My advice is to use the facilities at your disposal for locking down your device to prevent this from happening in the first place.

In Settings, go to General/Restrictions, turn off "In App Purchases" and set Require Password to "Immediately", and DON'T forget your Restrictions password.

Lmao.

Thanks for the post. I don't have children to worry about, but it's nice to remind folks that the restrictions and settings are in place. You just have to make an effort to learn about them and enable them! :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

such a simple thing to do,it's amazing how many people don't know they can do this.

Most reactions