What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the iPhone 6 Seriously Affect iPad Sales?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPhone and ipad are 2 different electronic products, we usually have both. So the iPhone won't affect iPad sales.

I disagree. A know some people who bought an iPad because they think the iPhone screen is really small. The only difference is that the iPad doesn't have SMS. Some people prefered the iPad because it has bigger screen.

lowepg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see it put a squeeze on iPad Mini sales.... But a full-size tablet is a different product/segment than a phone....

omasa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the apple product receive high concurrency with another brand and especially the low prices

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will it affect iPad sales? Possibly, but will most likely be negligible. As stated before, it's a slightly larger screen, so that's still a factor to take into account. Then there's the fact that since it's still a phone at the end of the day, it won't run iPad-exclusive apps. In some ways I guess there's a comparison between Apple and Samsung. When the Samsung Mega and Note came out, it affected the Galaxy S series a little, but nonetheless, there're still consumers that opt for the latter and that still carries to today. When it's released, by around New Years 2015, we'll most likely have a statistical graph/chart to show the sales of all device from September/October from the new generation release up until and after the Q4 holiday season.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMO, if someone could just do an iPad app that could text anyone or somehow expand iMessage to do it, some people may ditch their phones. I realize there are some texting apps out there now but they require a different phone number and have their own set of issues.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I disagree. A know some people who bought an iPad because they think the iPhone screen is really small. The only difference is that the iPad doesn't have SMS. Some people prefered the iPad because it has bigger screen.

You can use SMS on the iPad. I have a verizon wireless SMS app that I use to text on all of my devices in additional many free texting apps.

. I am sure AT&T and the like have texting apps of their own to install, no?

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of people complain because the iPhone is too small. Yes apple should focus on the size.

Like most things in life ...size does NOT matter.
I'd rather have a good quality iPhone than a large plastic samsung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like most things in life ...size does NOT matter.
I'd rather have a good quality iPhone than a large plastic samsung

I disagree. So you wouldn't mind if you have a micro size phone?

Size matters. Its a very important aspect in everything. It always have been.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMO, if someone could just do an iPad app that could text anyone or somehow expand iMessage to do it, some people may ditch their phones. I realize there are some texting apps out there now but they require a different phone number and have their own set of issues.

Check to see if your provider has a texting app like Verizon's.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like most things in life ...size does NOT matter. I'd rather have a good quality iPhone than a large plastic samsung Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Size does matter to an extent. In lots of ways, too.

I don't know why people at on plastic. It can be put to good use in many ways. My problem with Samsung is not the plastic....they just don't know what cool means and the complex software they put on phones is a pain in the neck. With apple, you get no overly complex software and certainly no carrier crap. To me, those are big deals.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check to see if your provider has a texting app like Verizon's. Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

That Verizon app is very useful. I get txt messages on all my devices now, which is useful.

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I disagree. So you wouldn't mind if you have a micro size phone?

Size matters. Its a very important aspect in everything. It always have been.

I never said micro sized but "current" size is fine with me.
And I have a tablet for everything non-phone related.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Size does matter to an extent. In lots of ways, too.

I don't know why people at on plastic. It can be put to good use in many ways. My problem with Samsung is not the plastic....they just don't know what cool means and the complex software they put on phones is a pain in the neck. With apple, you get no overly complex software and certainly no carrier crap. To me, those are big deals.

I have no problems with samsung or any android phone now. They are fun to use.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never said micro sized but "current" size is fine with me.
And I have a tablet for everything non-phone related.

For you size doesn't matter but for most people it does. People have different tastes. Some want a small phone, some want a big phone.

Size does matter. It is one of the most important aspects of life.

Most reactions