What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying bookmarks to a Word doc

Pierce Howard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have switched from Kindle to iPad for reading ebooks. On Kindle, my highlights and notes were accessed as an external drive, and I simply copied the notes file to my laptop. How do I do something similar with the iPad? I'm a researcher, and I loved the ease of copying highlighted areas from my reading on the Kindle.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I can find, it isn't possible using the Kindle app. I couldn't even do it using the Mac OS X version of the Kindle app. I even used iPhone Explorer to dig into the app's files, and could not find the notes. I believe they are stored in the .mbp file associated with the books, but if they are the notes to not appear to be stored as text.

If you can find the book(s) you want for iBooks it has notes, and the ability to email or print them.

tarotbyhic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tarotbyhic.net
I found this blog post that seems to be a way to access them via browser and the Amazon website...

http : // blog . stratepedia . org /2011/07/05/how-to-save-your-kindle-notes-and-highlights/]How to save your Kindle notes and highlights | Stratepedia Blog[/url]

Most reactions

Latest posts