What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying apps on jailbroken ipad2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snankeus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope this question has not been asked, But how does one backup all apps which were downloaded outside of the itunes store, into the itunes apps section without having to resync.

Been reading on here for many hours, and pkgbackup ( I think) does this, but is there any way to extract the .ipa files on the ipad so that way i can put them back into the itunes apps section?

Forgot to backup previous itunes on the pc before i formated it, and lost all the games/apps that i downloaded on that pc, hence everytime i try to add a new application, it wants to erase all the previous ones cause they arent in the libary, Im really confused :(.

Ipad2 is jailbroken with IOS 5.0.1

Any help would be much appreciated, and i apologise if this has been asked before.
Thankyou

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pkgbackup backs up the cydia packages installed. That is a paid tweak. By re installing iTunes and adding your account details back into it should allow you to re backup the apps. You'll have to sync and re download your apps from the app store if it erases them

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope this question has not been asked, But how does one backup all apps which were downloaded outside of the itunes store, into the itunes apps section without having to resync.

Just to clarify - you want to know how to backup apps on your iPad that you did not get from the App Store? From where did you get those apps? If you didn't get them from the App Store, we can only assume you got them via piracy.

Piracy is not condoned here at this forum. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against our rules - it's illegal.

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts