What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copying and pasting a single sentence

Salinda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please can you point me in the right direction on how to do this. When I try to copy a single sentence, it copies a whole passage.
Thanks
Linda

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Salinda said:
Please can you point me in the right direction on how to do this. When I try to copy a single sentence, it copies a whole passage.
Thanks
Linda

You have to drag the blue copy outline over what you need to copy and then paste. You have to drag the blue dots.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Salinda said:
Thanks
Linda

when it selects the whole passage, you will have 2 blue dots, top left and bottom right, drag those to highlight what you want to copy

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wytey said:
when it selects the whole passage, you will have 2 blue dots, top left and bottom right, drag those to highlight what you want to copy

Who was first, chicken or egg?

OP
S

Salinda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, both of you!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score