What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conversion App with Extra ~ Fractions, Time hrs & mins, Length ft & inches, Weight St

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guys,
Does anyone have any knowledge of an App that can handle not only common tables but other more daily tasks such as :-
Fractions ~ ¼, ½, ¾, ⅓, ⅔ etc.
Time ~ Convert items such as 1 Day into Minutes & Seconds.
Length ~ Convert items such as Yards into Feet & Inches.
Weight ~ Convert items such as Kg into Stones & Pounds.

I know of one for the Android platform by the name of 'Convertor Free' but my search for an iOS version has so far proved fruitless.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys,
Does anyone have any knowledge of an App that can handle not only common tables but other more daily tasks such as :-
Fractions ~ ¼, ½, ¾, ⅓, ⅔ etc.
Time ~ Convert items such as 1 Day into Minutes & Seconds.
Length ~ Convert items such as Yards into Feet & Inches.
Weight ~ Convert items such as Kg into Stones & Pounds.

I know of one for the Android platform by the name of 'Convertor Free' but my search for an iOS version has so far proved fruitless.

My favorite app for converting is called "Amount" (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amount/id560750783?mt=8). It's normally $.99 (USD), but coincidentally enough, it's free today. So, hurry and go get it before it's back to paid.

And, it'll convert all the variables you had listed (well, fractions is just division, but there still is a calculator at the input field). It'll do a lot more calculations as well.

As I said, it's a great convertor that is my app of choice. And with the low, low price of free [today only] it won't hurt to try it.

Marilyn

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My favorite app for converting is called "Amount" (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amount/id560750783?mt=8). It's normally $.99 (USD), but coincidentally enough, it's free today. So, hurry and go get it before it's back to paid.

And, it'll convert all the variables you had listed (well, fractions is just division, but there still is a calculator at the input field). It'll do a lot more calculations as well.

As I said, it's a great convertor that is my app of choice. And with the low, low price of free [today only] it won't hurt to try it.

Marilyn
I must be missing something Marilyn because I did look at the app 'Amount' but did not see it worked out any of the examples I mentioned above.
Indeed if you give it say 90kg and look at the conventions for stones and pounds there is only one selection either stones or pounds, therefor 90kg = 14.173 stones as opposed to the answer 14 st 2lb given using the Android app 'Convertor'.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, my apologies. Amount doesn't break the value out into different measurements. So, if you input 90 kg, yes, you'll get that it's 14.173 stones or 198.416 pounds. The app won't give it in a mixed value.

Sorry for the confusion.

Marilyn

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, my apologies. Amount doesn't break the value out into different measurements. So, if you input 90 kg, yes, you'll get that it's 14.173 stones or 198.416 pounds. The app won't give it in a mixed value.

Sorry for the confusion.

Marilyn
No problem but thanks for the offer of help.
If I come across an answer I'll let the forum know.

Most reactions

Latest posts