What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control ipad remotely?

lazyjane75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - New here. I have an ipad 2. I am planning on taking a long (5 hour) car trip alone with my toddler. Part of my grand plan for this trip is to have her watch videos while i am driving. I have a bracket that supposedly will attach the ipad to a headrest. She's still rearfacing, so it will be attached to one of the back seat headrests. Problem is, I'd prefer not to have to pull over and get out of the car every time I need to stop or switch the video for her. Is there any sort of remote control out there that I can use to start and stop videos for her?

Googling ipad remote yielded a few posts about using an iphone, but i don't have an iphone (and also seemed to involve "jailbreaking" the ipad, which I fear is beyond my capabilities). I saw a few products that are just general apple remotes, but I have no clue as to whether those work on the ipad (appear to be older models designed to use on a ipod or computer). I also saw some kind of bluetooth fm transmitter device on Amazon which seems to have some remote control functioning, but really seems designed to make calls and listen to music while you are driving, which isn't exactly what I'm after.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of any way you can do this without the jailbreak and multiple iDevices, or at least more hardware (like a second screen and HDMI cable so the iPad stays in easy reach of the driver).

Most reactions

Latest posts