What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constipated ipad.

Reaction score
Hi ipad chaps,

every laptop/ computer ive had, has ground to a halt with for eg a youtube clip roundy roundy thing going round & round in the screen middle, waiting endlessly for it to play.. then does for 2 mins.. then stops & the roundy round again already. Makes my balls ache with infuriation.

I call it pooter constipation.

Now, recently my ipad had started the same frightful nonsense. My balls have begun to ache, & my teeth starting to gnash.

Can you help my balls, teeth, pooter & constipation-? Seriously.. it can't cop with bc news clips now ( let alone a fluffy youtube kitten clip).

I thank you. Schwang

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is most likely caused by problems with your internet connection/service rather than the devices themselves. Besides the normal internet slowdown woes, there have been recent denial of service attacks on some of the backend communications companies. It even affected telephone service here in Walla Walla.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is most likely caused by problems with your internet connection/service rather than the devices themselves. Besides the normal internet slowdown woes, there have been recent denial of service attacks on some of the backend communications companies. It even affected telephone service here in Walla Walla.

@ Schwang Dang - as suggested by TP above, you seem to be having issues w/ internet connections w/ many of your devices suggesting that your ISP service may be poor - please provide some details; also do some Speed Tests w/ your devices in various locations in your house and report the results back to us. Dave :)

OP
S
Reaction score
But in each case, the computer ceases up to a standstill not from new, not in any regular way at all. If your suggestion of the www service being the cause, I wouldn't be seeing the results i do. I would get bad service on each device, regularly, from new. A gradual ceasing up, from an occasional clip wont play, to more regularly, to very regularly, to almost always, to every time..... does not suggest internet service. Its suggests, the ipad only, it can only be. It must be how i use it. Have i added so many photos it had ceased it up? I dont know. Have i downloaded things ( i dont now ever, whether i am downloading, anything) too much so jt ceases up? I dont know. Can i only watch a certain number of clips/ is ceasing up " normal " ? I dont know. It is just to be expecte, & you throw away each device when it happens? I dont know what any other person does with theirs.

The fact that each laptop eventually & gradually ceases up, exactly the same each on ( only 4 ive ever had ) whilst in one case my mothers new one was working fine... suggests nothing but the devices " ceasing up " & because i have no idea why they do it.. i cannot ever get them working again.

It is unquestionably the device. This ipad now. I get strong connection to my hub/ this had never changed. I get exactly the same ' average ' service from wherever, to my hub/ this never changes. If there were to be bad service, it would be occasionally, & not gradually getting incrimentally, in a perfect linear way, worse. It jus5 wouldn't do this. If this were true, id have got bad service, from when i moved in, in patches, over 5 year. I have seen nothing of the sort.

Thanks, SDD

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What video servce are you using? If more than one, do they all do the same thing? On the iPad are you using Safari, or a dedicated app for the videos?

Thing is iPads are pretty much designed to do steaming video. They have dedicated hardware, which is why when you look a the tech stats they often claim longer vidoe watching time than they do web browsing. It’s very difficult to do anything to an iPad that will affect it’s ability to stream video. Even apps running in the background are unlikely to make a difference, and those would have cleared up as soon as you powered the iPad down and up again.

The fact that you have similar problems with the laptops, even if the symptoms are not identical suggest a root problem common to them all.

I have no confidence in being able to solver your problem, because what yuou are reporting doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. So I’m just asking a bunch of questions and offering comments, hoping something will offer a clue.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But in each case, the computer ceases up to a standstill not from new, not in any regular way at all. If your suggestion of the www service being the cause, I wouldn't be seeing the results i do. I would get bad service on each device, regularly, from new. A gradual ceasing up, from an occasional clip wont play, to more regularly, to very regularly, to almost always, to every time..... does not suggest internet service. Its suggests, the ipad only, it can only be. It must be how i use it. Have i added so many photos it had ceased it up? I dont know. Have i downloaded things ( i dont now ever, whether i am downloading, anything) too much so jt ceases up? I dont know. Can i only watch a certain number of clips/ is ceasing up " normal " ? I dont know. It is just to be expecte, & you throw away each device when it happens? I dont know what any other person does with theirs.

The fact that each laptop eventually & gradually ceases up, exactly the same each on ( only 4 ive ever had ) whilst in one case my mothers new one was working fine... suggests nothing but the devices " ceasing up " & because i have no idea why they do it.. i cannot ever get them working again.

It is unquestionably the device. This ipad now. I get strong connection to my hub/ this had never changed. I get exactly the same ' average ' service from wherever, to my hub/ this never changes. If there were to be bad service, it would be occasionally, & not gradually getting incrimentally, in a perfect linear way, worse. It jus5 wouldn't do this. If this were true, id have got bad service, from when i moved in, in patches, over 5 year. I have seen nothing of the sort.

Thanks, SDD
Just a suggestion, are you maxing out the storage on your devices? Lack of space can cause all sorts of problems.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi there, I dont know what max out storage means though.

But, this sounds like the avenue to explore, in my estimation/ as it sounds like sometjing that might constipate it, altough I dont know exactly what you mean.

Even if Im wrong that its not the ipad, & twerrpet is right that it is to do with whatever is being fed to it instead.. as i cant do anything about what is being fed to it & can only affect how the ipad- runs- ( if i can ) then surely it is logical to attempt trying to affect how it runs. If ican, & if the problem is solved.. then my ' constipation' analogy was right. If exhausting everything I can, to try make it run normally.. if this doesn't affect it & problem persists, then twerrpoet is vindicated it seems. And i have to, i assume, live with an ipad that simply can barely run at all. This, i find unfathomable. I simply cant believe this coukd be so, that i should have to accept this. But if you guys say this is correct, what can I do but accept the situation.

If it means I cant work properly, now, it seems different to before for the 6 months Ive had the ipad replacing a laptop & running fine (laptop had ground to a halt withthe same symptoms, hence replacing it with the ipad, which ran perfectly for 6 months).. then my livelihood is affected. And I have no hope of getting any computer at all to work, here, it seems. In 2021? I just cannt believe this is acceptable, esp if Im paying ÂŁ30 a month for the www.

Could we explore this " max out" thing 1 st? Thanks SC

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to Settings press IPad Storage you should see something like this.
0A4857DC-F874-46BD-BB6E-782399B5BE6C.jpeg

OP
S
Reaction score
I use you
What video servce are you using? If more than one, do they all do the same thing? On the iPad are you using Safari, or a dedicated app for the videos?

Thing is iPads are pretty much designed to do steaming video. They have dedicated hardware, which is why when you look a the tech stats they often claim longer vidoe watching time than they do web browsing. It’s very difficult to do anything to an iPad that will affect it’s ability to stream video. Even apps running in the background are unlikely to make a difference, and those would have cleared up as soon as you powered the iPad down and up again.

The fact that you have similar problems with the laptops, even if the symptoms are not identical suggest a root problem common to them all.

I have no confidence in being able to solver your problem, because what yuou are reporting doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. So I’m just asking a bunch of questions and offering comments, hoping something will offer a clue.
Hi twerrpoet. i use youtube, with safari. But it's not just clips. For eg the bbc news website, my pg 1 site to trawl, usually works perfectly. Articles have got harder & harder to open, to 'load' ( even without a clip ), then the wait goes so far as the photo box appears grey & takes 5 mins to show. 2 weeks later it takes 30 mins to see a photo. Then impossible 2 weeks later still. So today i browse the newspaper headlines section, of bbc news site. No video. Each front page is a grey box. Same again & again with now most articles, a grey box accompanying text. 2 more weeks & i will wait 5 mins to open & read the text, & my hotmail inbox ( now taking 5 mins just to get ' in ' ) will soon be that I just cannot getin at all.

So its a serious situation. I am mildly in a panic. The only option i can forsee.. is to buy a new ipad ( which I know unquestionabl, will work fine, for 6 months until it too ceases up). But i cannot afford to do this ÂŁ300 every 6 months.

OP
S
Reaction score
I can see a cm of your attatched info.. but its stuck there/ even this refuses to 'load'.

This is how bad its got. Even with 1.2 mbps or whatever the kbps/ pcso i dont know... 1.2 of chutzpa the ' speed test ' website tells me ihave here, currently, even as low as this is ( its always been 1.2 since i moved here... ) even this 1.2 number, should, give me enoufgh ( & it has proven this is true for 6 months, with this ipad) chutzpa, surely surely urely, to be able to read a post on a forum, as you have kindly just done........... without........... it freezing up & totally stuck so I cannot see/ read your pos bar the one line of text at top.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don’t think you need a new IPad I’m pretty sure there will be a solution.

OP
S
Reaction score
Now i cant see even 1 cm.. just a grey box with gyzktesvj,,khuygn? Jumbled Text in.

Its getting worse day by day. Im really panicking now.

OP
S
Reaction score
I don’t think you need a new IPad I’m pretty sure there will be a solution.
Im absolutely sure ofthis too. Butnothing suggests the solution could be found anywhere but within the ipad itself.

The 1 st thing to say I do, as I did 1 st thing am an hour ago... is turn it fully on, from a fully off situation. White apple screen etc.

This I am doing maybe 10x a day now, just, to play the clip i wanted to see ( it seems to just about prompt/ refresh it just enough, to play the clip... but 30 mins later its unable to again ).

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi there, I dont know what max out storage means though.

But, this sounds like the avenue to explore, in my estimation/ as it sounds like sometjing that might constipate it, altough I dont know exactly what you mean.

Even if Im wrong that its not the ipad, & twerrpet is right that it is to do with whatever is being fed to it instead.. as i cant do anything about what is being fed to it & can only affect how the ipad- runs- ( if i can ) then surely it is logical to attempt trying to affect how it runs. If ican, & if the problem is solved.. then my ' constipation' analogy was right. If exhausting everything I can, to try make it run normally.. if this doesn't affect it & problem persists, then twerrpoet is vindicated it seems. And i have to, i assume, live with an ipad that simply can barely run at all. This, i find unfathomable. I simply cant believe this coukd be so, that i should have to accept this. But if you guys say this is correct, what can I do but accept the situation.

If it means I cant work properly, now, it seems different to before for the 6 months Ive had the ipad replacing a laptop & running fine (laptop had ground to a halt withthe same symptoms, hence replacing it with the ipad, which ran perfectly for 6 months).. then my livelihood is affected. And I have no hope of getting any computer at all to work, here, it seems. In 2021? I just cannt believe this is acceptable, esp if Im paying ÂŁ30 a month for the www.

Could we explore this " max out" thing 1 st? Thanks SC
As querty has shown, you need to have a look at just how much space (ie GBs of data and Apps you are using on your iPad compared to its maximum. If it is close the device is likely not to function properly.

Most reactions