What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connection to the outgoing server smtp.gmail.com failed

Phil1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just tried sending an email from my gmail acct and received the error "Connection to the outgoing server smtp.gmail.com failed. I can receive mails fine. I'm connected to wifi which is provided by sky.

Any idea's how I can get my iPad to send mails?

Many Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a new problem or has it happened before? Occasionally the server gets overloaded at peak times and times out - this is then the error that the iPad gives when this happens.

Tim

Tannedwalk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the same problem. It's not just at peak times. I have a sky.com account and a soas.ac.uk account set up. They are both gmail and both receive mail but won' t send. I get the same error m essage outgoing mail server smpt.gmail.com failed. Any ideas how to fix this?

Janesittambalam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I can receive emails, but not send them. I get the same message and the emails are sent into the outbox. Took the iPad to the Genius Bar and was told it is my Internet at home. All other computers/iPhones work fine. Any suggestions how to fix it?

D

Deleted member 247820

I would ask the Apple shop to demonstrate that it does in fact work there.

Should only take a few minutes to set up.

ronlennon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More detail. Every time I try to send an email it sends it to my outbox and says server could not respond. Also gives message that you may have to check with Internet provider. Have checked and they say there is no problem on their end

japs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ronlennon said:
More detail. Every time I try to send an email it sends it to my outbox and says server could not respond. Also gives message that you may have to check with Internet provider. Have checked and they say there is no problem on their end

Hi, does it happens on the wifi or 3g connection?

Regards

ronlennon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
japs said:
Hi, does it happens on the wifi or 3g connection?

Regards

On the wifi but somehow fixed it by resetting my mail settings

Most reactions

Latest posts