What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connection to ipad 'lost'

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFletcher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to sync photos from laptop to IPad, it goes through the first 3 stages ok then I get an error message "the IPad could not be synced because the connection to the IPad was lost". This is very annoying as my IPad is clearly connected (by cable) and is displaying as such on the laptop.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

Here are some fixes you can try :

1. Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

2. Make sure iTunes is updated to the latest version.

Please post back on whether this helps or not. Good luck!

Harris W

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had been getting this error for over a month. Talked to several different people at Apple Support. Finally got the solution. I tried uninstalling and installing iTunes, but that didn’t work. Come to find out, there are a few more things that needed to be done. Here’s the link. Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

I’m pasting in the solution; in case the link disappears.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects. After you uninstall a component, you might be prompted to restart your computer. Wait to restart your computer until you're finished removing all of the components.

In Control Panel Uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:
  1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread has been started in 2014, I’m sure the problem has been solved i n the meantime. The OP hasn’t returned since then. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions