What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPod to ipad

hollieplus2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to connect your iPod to the iPad? I am using the Nike+ program (w/ nano) and I want to be able to send the info directly to the iPad instead of going through my computer. Is this possible? I would like to use the iPad exclusively with Nike+.

milanist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hollieplus2 said:
Is there a way to connect your iPod to the iPad? I am using the Nike+ program (w/ nano) and I want to be able to send the info directly to the iPad instead of going through my computer. Is this possible? I would like to use the iPad exclusively with Nike+.

I was also searching for an answer for this! But i guess noone really knows it.. Hollieplus, could you please let me know if you already succeeded? Thanks in advance

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might try Replicate & Replicate Pro. They are meant for iPad/iPhone/iPod to computer, but I have used both an iPad and an iPodtouch to connect to another iPod using Safari as the "computer" to connect to and control the music functions on that iPod. The data transfer functions may also work that way. Both need to be on the same WiFi network.

Good luck.

terryromance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot connect any iPod to an iPad and transfer data etc to it. Although you can use an iPad as standalone device now, it really doesn't behave in the same way as a more conventional PC or Mac, despite being able to do a lot of the same things.

Last edited:

RodC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not possible. if both were iOS devices such as an ipod touch and an ipad, the most you can do is use the icloud for transfer of data such as contacts, messages, photos, calendars, etc. Nike + data from iPod Nano to iPad: this just doesn't feel what Apple would get their hands on. sorry.

davex44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but there are several "transfer" apps. I user Photo Transfer App to move photos between iPad, iPad, pc, Mac.

Merely the observations of an observer

Most reactions