What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect iPad to TV thru Media Player?

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a cheap Satechi media player that does a great job of playing videos I put on flash drives. It connects to my TV with HDMI. I would like to stream from my iPad to the media player, but it does not recognize the iPad as a USB device when connected with the charging cable. Is there a solution?

Lane

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a cheap Satechi media player that does a great job of playing videos I put on flash drives. It connects to my TV with HDMI. I would like to stream from my iPad to the media player, but it does not recognize the iPad as a USB device when connected with the charging cable. Is there a solution?

Lane
If the media player has a composite input (the red/white/yellow RCA plugs) you can purchase an adapter that plugs one end into iPad and the other into the composite jack.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

OP
LaneLester

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the media player has a composite input (the red/white/yellow RCA plugs) you can purchase an adapter that plugs one end into iPad and the other into the composite jack.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Thanks for the response. I think it's not going to work because the only inputs are the USB mass storage port and an SD/MMC card slot. OTOH, maybe the cord you mentioned would allow me to hook the iPad directly to the TV's inputs.

Lane

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I think it's not going to work because the only inputs are the USB mass storage port and an SD/MMC card slot. OTOH, maybe the cord you mentioned would allow me to hook the iPad directly to the TV's inputs.

Lane
I'm pretty sure you'll just be able to hook it up directly to the tv.

OP
LaneLester

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you'll just be able to hook it up directly to the tv.

I visited Amazon and found an iPad-to-HDMI adapter which includes a USB connector for the charger for about $28. That seems to be just what I need, and I'm hoping the fact it's a no-name brand won't be a problem. The reviews looked good.

Lane

Most reactions