What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coming soon....

OP
JezzerP

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
It's here!!

IMG_1689.JPG

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look at that beautiful cardboard :D Ok so you have to update your signature and give us some details on how you like!

OP
JezzerP

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
Loving it so far. Very fast compared to the Air I gave to my lad. Still in the process of selecting which apps to install and getting them downloaded.

Haven't really used the pencil yet, but it feels great in the hand, and I think I will use it a lot.

Disappointed with the sleeve. It's ok, but nothing special, and certainly not worth the amount I paid for it.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Loving it so far. Very fast compared to the Air I gave to my lad. Still in the process of selecting which apps to install and getting them downloaded.

Haven't really used the pencil yet, but it feels great in the hand, and I think I will use it a lot.

Disappointed with the sleeve. It's ok, but nothing special, and certainly not worth the amount I paid for it.

Hate to hear that about the sleeve! Send it back and look into getting the Logitech slim keyboard/case! Several of us here love it!

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So Jezz , how are you enjoying your new toy ?
I love mine and oddly enough I realise I had forgotten some multitasking gestures , like shipping with four fingers to switch apps...which I will probably have to forget anyway when iOS 11 comes out !

OP
JezzerP

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
So Jezz , how are you enjoying your new toy ?
I love mine and oddly enough I realise I had forgotten some multitasking gestures , like shipping with four fingers to switch apps...which I will probably have to forget anyway when iOS 11 comes out !

Loving it so far. Having so much screen 'real estate' is an absolute bonus.....lovely for reading and videos. It still feels a bit strange carrying it around though, feels a bit more like a laptop in that respect. It's so fast as well....my old iPad Air would take an age to open-up my large iTunes library over Home Sharing, but this beast does it in a few seconds!! Haven't used the pencil a great deal yet, but I am looking for a website mockup app that will hopefully make use of it, and I will certainly use it for note taking at client meetings. Charging it by sticking it into the end of the iPad is a bit of a pain, but it only takes a few minutes to fully charge. They do supply an adaptor to charge it over USB but that's a bit fiddly as well, as you have to take the little end cap off, put the adaptor on, charge it up, put the cap back on assuming you haven't lost it, and then find somewhere to store the little adaptor!! It would also be good if the pencil had an indicator light to say if it's fully charged or not....as it stands you have to plug it into your iPad and swipe to the notification screen to see the battery charge widget. Anyway, minor gripes, as the iPad itself is an abolute beast....and can only get better with iOS11

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The pencil doesn't have to be plugged into the iPad just to check the battery remaining. Granted after turning the iPad off and back on you have to insert the pencil till it reconnects to the iPad and you can see that as the Bluetooth indicator flashes in the upper right corner of the iPad. But anytime throughout the day you can just swipe down on the notifications bar to check the battery level.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to a store that has  stuff to try out the pencil. I must say it's much nicer than any stylus I have but am concerned by how easily the top gets off and doesn't hold well at all. Has anyone figured out or found something to make it more secure ?

PS : I've been browsing Amazon and saw this :

TopACE Apple Pencil Peau de protection pour Apple Pencil pour iPad Pro 10.5/ iPad pro 12.9/ iPad 9.7 2017 (Noir): Amazon.fr: Informatique

Has anyone tried this ?

No I haven't tried that but I have this one pictured below ordered and it should still fit in my pencil loop on my keyboard case.

Apple Pencil Holder.png

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to a store that has  stuff to try out the pencil. I must say it's much nicer than any stylus I have but am concerned by how easily the top gets off and doesn't hold well at all. Has anyone figured out or found something to make it more secure ?

PS : I've been browsing Amazon and saw this :

TopACE Apple Pencil Peau de protection pour Apple Pencil pour iPad Pro 10.5/ iPad pro 12.9/ iPad 9.7 2017 (Noir): Amazon.fr: Informatique

Has anyone tried this ?
The "Apple Pencil Cozy" from Amazon works well

Most reactions

Latest posts