What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clear screen

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I clicked on my IPF icon, on this brand new mimi2 and it told me my iPad was out of date and to click"here" to download the latest version of IPF. I did that and it has been 'loading' for two days and I cannot get rid of it. Cannot move it or cancel it , no other info or icons on that screen. I cannot use my app , so got into it just now through Google. Suggestions, please? Thanks
Doris

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The old iPF app doesn't work since more than a year ago. If you're having problem with that app, remove it from your device. You should find it in Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage - Storage - Manage Storage. When you scroll to the app and select it, you should get the option to delete it.

If it's a bookmark, saved to your homescreen, tap it until it starts to wiggle, and remove it that way. Create the bookmark again afterwards, if you need it.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The old iPF app doesn't work since more than a year ago. If you're having problem with that app, remove it from your device. You should find it in Settings - General - Storage & iCloud Usage - Storage - Manage Storage. When you scroll to the app and select it, you should get the option to delete it.

If it's a bookmark, saved to your homescreen, tap it until it starts to wiggle, and remove it that way. Create the bookmark again afterwards, if you need it.
Thanks. After I get it removed, how do I get the new one on.j

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afaik, there's no new iPF app. You can use Tapatalk (an app), or access iPF through a browser.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Darn! Wonder how I got that app in the first place? It is much easier than going through a browser. I appreciate your help J.A. . Thanks . Doris

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you found and installed it when you joined iPF, like I did. It was still working in 2013.

You're welcome.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose you found and installed it when you joined iPF, like I did. It was still working in 2013.

You're welcome.
The app stopped working when the forum switched over to using the current XenForo forum software. I'm amazed that the app was never removed from the App Store.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The app stopped working when the forum switched over to using the current XenForo forum software. I'm amazed that the app was never removed from the App Store.
It is solved -when I removed that app, the screen cleared right away. Many thanks friends.

Most reactions

Latest posts