What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that it takes a significant amount of time to charge the new iPad? Also, (is it just mine) for whatever reason it won't charge via the computer or car like the iPhone4.
Can anyone shed some light for me?
Thanks guys.......

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that it takes a significant amount of time to charge the new iPad? Also, (is it just mine) for whatever reason it won't charge via the computer or car like the iPhone4.
Can anyone shed some light for me?
Thanks guys.......

The iPad requires a special high-current charger and this is supplied with the iPad. That charger provides about 2 amps (A) against a USB port on your computer that provides only 500 mA - about ½ amp. Even the iPod charger cannot 'properly' charge the iPad.

If the iPad is switched off, then a regular USB or iPod charger will charge it slowly - trickle charge - but, when switched on, the iPad consumes more current than these other chargers - iPod or USB - can provide, so the iPad displays 'Not charging'

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts