What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charge rate is super slow sometimes?

wickedfn4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have notice when my iPad gets run down it takes forever to fully charge back up. A couple weeks after I got it I ran it down till it shut off. I plugged it in that night and the next morning it was at only like 66% after 6+ hrs. The next time I ran it down it did the same thing. This last time it only went down to 10% before I could charge it and 7 hours later it was at 77%. Normally I plug in before I go to bed 20-35% and by miring it is at 100%. Is there some reason for this?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the 10 watt stand alone charger or are you plugging it into your computer? The preferred (and quickest) method is with the charger. It also helps if you power down your iPad after you plug in the charger.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPhone charger will take hours to charge, the iPad charger will take a little under an hour. Make sure your using the right one.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple says that the "average" life of the battery which is defined by holding 80% of its original charge is 1000 cycles. If you charged your iPad battery every day, this would be almost 3 years!

OP
W

wickedfn4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes I am using the supplied 10w wall charger all the time. So the difference is not the charger. I know the computer is a trickle charger.

When I do charge it at nite, I make sure it is off so that is not any different. It is just strange seems that if I go under 10% it goes into super slow charge mode of some kind?

The life is fine I don't have any issue with that as long as I manage it, you know brightness or bluetooth that kind of stuff.

usman009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problems with charging ipad

My ipad also charges very slowly when the battery gets low, how do I solve this problem, if u have any luck with this problem please let me know, thank you

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My default charger seems to take a while to charge too. The new Griffin Poweblock for iPads seem to get good reviews.
The Fastest (and Slowest) Way to Charge an iPad
According to the chart it should take 3 hours to get to 80%.

I bought an I.sound stand - and it seems to charge rapidly too. Works with the iPad 1 and 2 (mostly - takes a little more finesse to get the iPad 2 in the dock. )
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00439G3YQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00439G3TG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HEZ6Y93CGWY9GRXBWW9]Amazon.com: i.Sound iPad Power View Pro Charge Station: Electronics[/ame]

Bone1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an issue with my charger, it seemed to be stuck in the trickle charge mode. It enters trickle charge from around 80% up to 100%. I took the charger and iPad to my local apple store and the charger was exchanged even though they had no chargers in stock, and had to open a brand new ipad2 so that I was not inconvenienced. That is great customer service.

Sent from my iPad2 using IPF

usman009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success!!!

Yes, its charging perfectly again :) it took me a while to rundown th battery but once it got to 0%, I plugged it in and it got botted at 2% went to five in less then 5mins and 10%, woke up this morning to find it resting at 100%, so the apple battery reset really works, thanks everyone for ur help, hope u get urs fixed too wickedfn4u. Thanks again

Curran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad Slow Charging

I have the same problem with my IPad! It takes FOREVER to charge! And if it gets to around 20% and I leave it unused for awhile it just looses all of its power. What is the Apple Battery reset that you guys were talking about?

Thanks!!

christoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with the slow charging of my battery. In the past it has charged without a problem - now it has been charging for 2 days and has only reached 66%!. I have read through this thread but am still not sure what to do. Perhaps someone could explain to me what "apple battery reset" means.

Thanks

Vouharte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are their differences between an iPad and an iPhone charger? I assumed they were interchangeable. I have been charging for over an hour and it has only reached 3%! What does Apple say about the problem?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vouharte said:
Are their differences between an iPad and an iPhone charger? I assumed they were interchangeable. I have been charging for over an hour and it has only reached 3%! What does Apple say about the problem?

If you use an iPhone charger to charge your iPad, the charging rate will be very slow. Use the iPad charger. If you use the iPad charger to charge your iPhone, it will not harm it and may charge a little faster.

Most reactions

Latest posts