What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing iCloud email address

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read so many posts about this topic, but they all seem to get confused by people saying how to change their Apple id's.

What I am after is how to change my email address that i created when I first set up my iCloud account. To be honest at the time I didn't really know what a brilliant thing the iCloud was and just created a @me.com email address without giving it much thought.

Now I really get iCloud I would like to move from my current Gmail to my @me.com email, but not the one I currently have. I know I can create up to 3 alias's, but I would rather change the main one.

Photo0-1.jpg

I have read about turning off all iCloud settings then hitting the big red delete button, but I still don't believe this is going to give me what I want. If I hit the delete key and choose to keep everything on my iPad will I then get given the option to create a brand new iCloud account and new @me email address?

Also as all my info is backed up on iCloud rather than my iMac will I lose everything?

Some people are reporting that it cannot be done..... are they right?

Thank you.

Last edited:

BRoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not 100% on this but I think you can create a new, free @me account and then add/associate it with you current apple ID. Then under iCloud settings use your new @me account. Does that make sense? Does that sound right? I had to do similar bc I had an old @mac account which I couldnt convert to @me, so I created a @me and just added it to my @mac apple id.

cretan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to know, also.

I had a .MAC account which became a MobleMe and then I transitioned to iCloud. I just received a new iPhone 4S and, when setting up the iCloud account on the new iPhone I typed the email address incorrectly. How can I delete the new account, which has the correct Apple ID and wrong email address? I have gone to AppleID @Apple.com and verified the correct email address is connected to my Apple ID.At iCloud.com/#mail I went to preferences and can add or delete an alias email address but can not delete the primary. When I try to change the email it says that email is already taken.

Most reactions

Latest posts