What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send emails on wi fi

eleinemad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using IPad (from Australia) in UK. Using friend's wi fi. Have entered his outgoing address. mail.btinternet.com
Can receive emails ok but can't send. Error message says server does not recognize my email address. Any suggestions?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should not need to change your settings in regards to email. Change it back to your usual outgoing server address and see how that goes. Sounds like POP3 SMTP set-up. Who is your Email account with?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't you want IMAP rather than POP3? You generally have to also set your password twice - the second being for the outgoing server

OP
E

eleinemad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Account

You should not need to change your settings in regards to email. Change it back to your usual outgoing server address and see how that goes. Sounds like POP3 SMTP set-up. Who is your Email account with?

the a/c is with iinet. I added his outgoing server address. I didn't delete mine. it is supposed to try them in turn and then use the relevant one

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
eleinemad said:
the a/c is with iinet. I added his outgoing server address. I didn't delete mine. it is supposed to try them in turn and then use the relevant one

Did you set-up the email on your iPad manually or use the iinet profile? Multiple outgoing server addresses suggests pop3 set-up. It also means you need a legitimate account with the other outgoing servers to validate access to use the outgoing server. If it is a pop3 set-up, then the only outgoing server that will work is mail.iinet.net.au

Otherwise I would suggest using the iinet iOS email profile set-up at https://webmail.iinet.net.au/

Most reactions