What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing default email address

GuyWilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my iPad 1 to my wife. She changed the default email to her own and started using the email program. When she sends emails the "from" address is her new one but the person receiving the email gets the email from my original email address. I have deleted that account. I heve searched the iPad for instances of my email address. I have made sure that I am not in the contacts. Any suggestions?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

Sit tight and someone will be along who can help you, in the meantime:

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can think of is to try to reset the default (cause the default changes every time I make it change - and it comes from the new default).

So, try again by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar and scroll on the right side until you see the line "Default Account." Pressing on that gives you a list of all the e-mail accounts on the iPad. Pick your wife's and try again.

Maybe it got confused because you had the same type account that may have been titled differently? I really don't know, because I don't have it. Worse comes to worse, try to reset or a restart to "shock" the iPad into behaving.

Sorry I'm not much more help. But, hopefully, resetting the default does help. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
GuyWilson

GuyWilson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is strange is that the email in the "sent" folder looks 100%. What happens in practise is that the email when it arrives has my email address as the sender and so I then get replies meant for my wife. The service provider is different as well. And I have deleted every reference to that email address from her iPad, be it email account, contact or whatever. It's not even my default Email address but one that I had to open to use the first sim card that I purchased. Because it is her iPad I am reluctant to do a reset or restore without having a good idea of the consequences ... Do you have any advice for me in this regard.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
As has been said by Marilyn, check within your settings, the default account and also the top option within accounts, it's above the email address, check what email address is stored in there too, as your iPad sends emails via your main computers email address using wifi. Proof of this is checking your sent emails on your PC.

JohnP001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sam problem

Was there ever a solution to this issue as I have the same problem on my iPad. I send emails which show the default SEND account that I want to use and they are stored on the iPad under that account but they arrive at their destinations showing they came from a gmail account I closed months ago. Recipients then respond to an email account I no longer have access to except on my laptop which I've installed gmail on. Makes the iPad only partly functional and useless for long travel periods if I can send but can't see a response until I get home.

otentique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should check your mail account setting, make sure you have no other servers on your outgoing mail for that specific account turned on. So this way the email will be sent through that ONE outgoing server linked to that specific email account. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts