What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open Facebook (not the fb app)

Joshmcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to log into Facebook by going through the Internet. I'm able to get in using the fb app, but since my girlfriend and I both use it, I use the app and goes in by way of the net. But, everything was fine at night, then the next morning she was unable to log in. No matter what account we try to log in with, correct password and all, it's as if we never tried to type anything in and keeps us on the sign in page. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't seem to log into Facebook by going through the Internet. I'm able to get in using the fb app, but since my girlfriend and I both use it, I use the app and goes in by way of the net. But, everything was fine at night, then the next morning she was unable to log in. No matter what account we try to log in with, correct password and all, it's as if we never tried to type anything in and keeps us on the sign in page. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Hi, welcome to iPF!

Try this:
Go to Settings - Safari and there clear history, cookies and data.

If this doesn't help, turn off your iPad and then on again.
You could also reset your device: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
Close all apps: double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, tap and hold apps there until the start to wiggle, then delete them.

OP
J

Joshmcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. Clearing the history and the cookies works. However, it keeps happening making it a real pain in the ass just to simply log in to Facebook. This happens basically everyday. Now, if I delete the apps from the multitask bar, will that delete them altogether?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Clearing the history and the cookies works. However, it keeps happening making it a real pain in the ass just to simply log in to Facebook. This happens basically everyday. Now, if I delete the apps from the multitask bar, will that delete them altogether?

It will delete apps running in the background, they are "force closed". It will not remove the apps on your iPad.

OP
J

Joshmcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I did everything you stated I should do, but it still keeps making it basically impossible to Facebook. Any other suggestions?

OP
J

Joshmcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was my next idea. However, I fixed the problem. I just backed everything up to iCloud and did a system restore and reinstalled everything from iCloud and my iPad is all good again. Thank you for your ideas and help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was my next idea. However, I fixed the problem. I just backed everything up to iCloud and did a system restore and reinstalled everything from iCloud and my iPad is all good again. Thank you for your ideas and help.

You're welcome.
I'm glad you could fix it.

FinanceCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, not only with the fb page, but more important with a lot of other sides I need for business.... is this the only thing I can do, a complete new installation? Oh no... then I have to do a backup first and all the stuff... I hate it... is there no other way??? Did anyone had the same problem and solved it without a complete restore??? I am travelling right now and don´t have wlan access for my iPad in the hotel...:mad:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, not only with the fb page, but more important with a lot of other sides I need for business.... is this the only thing I can do, a complete new installation? Oh no... then I have to do a backup first and all the stuff... I hate it... is there no other way??? Did anyone had the same problem and solved it without a complete restore??? I am travelling right now and don´t have wlan access for my iPad in the hotel...:mad:

Hi, welcome to iPF from an Austrian member!

Do you have the problems when using Safari?
Btw, there's a German subforum here, too. (German dedicated iPad forum)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts