What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download & udate to OS5

Rainbowdayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Windows 7 w. Kasperksy and I am unable to download and update to OS5. The download looks complete and then I get a msg that my connection failed. I called Apple support and was told security systems such as Norton, McAfee and Kaspersky must be uninstalled in order to allow the OS5 update. I think this is ridiculous. I know ppl using the firts Ipad rather than Ipad 2 have not had this problem. Anybody have another solution?

Manchoa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.catarsis.eu
Rainbowdayz said:
I'm using Windows 7 w. Kasperksy and I am unable to download and update to OS5. The download looks complete and then I get a msg that my connection failed. I called Apple support and was told security systems such as Norton, McAfee and Kaspersky must be uninstalled in order to allow the OS5 update. I think this is ridiculous. I know ppl using the firts Ipad rather than Ipad 2 have not had this problem. Anybody have another solution?

not uninstalled i thing. Disabled. This is windows, my friend, it has its own oppinion... :)
This is not first thing, that different antiviruses think as a unwanted operation and will block it.
Just disable the virus protection and then re-enable it.

Sent from Tommy's iPad2 using iPF

OP
R

Rainbowdayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U were right. Disabling allowed the download and I was able to set the Ipad2 up with Icloud. Thank u!

Most reactions

Latest posts