What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant dl apps on my ipad 2

RobMC20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I hope all is well!? I just got a 64 GB Ipad 2. I have had Itunes for about 5 months but havent really excersided to much. When it came time to link it to my Ipad 2 I couldnt remeber my username and pw so I started it over. I have the correct info on itunes and on my ipad 2 but it wont allow me to dl apps. Can anyone help me? Do I need to reset my itunes? I updated tot he latest version already to. PLEASE HELP!

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe changing the pw again would help. Don't know but worth a try.

Last edited:
OP
R

RobMC20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks drb! much appreciated. Anyone else?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any apps your purchased with the forgotten username and password can not be downloaded and/or updated with the new username and password. If that matters.

If you've purchased anything that you care about it would be worth your while to contact Apple Support and try to retrieve this Apple ID. Even if you have not, remember this ID has your credit card info, it would be worth while to get it back so you can change that info, or remove it. Just as a precaution.

If you still have not purchased anything with the new ID (but have with the old), you should consider abandoning the new one instead. It would make your life simpler.

That said, to get things working with the new ID on the iPad and in iTunes.

On the iPad, make sure you go into iTunes, the App Store, and iBooks store (if you have it) got to the bottom left of the main screen. If it shows the right Apple ID you should be OK, if not tap to sign out, then tap again o sign in with the correct ID.

In iTunes on the computer, do the same thing in the top right corner where it should either be showing your Apple ID or a log in (sign on) option. If you are not signed in with the new Apple ID, do so.

Under the Store menu be sure to authorize your computer.

Also, under Settings > General > Restriction, make sure you did not turn off the ability to get new apps. I should have probably mentioned that first.

Good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts