What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't backup my mannually added epub books

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hi,

In iBooks, I have several books and PDF files. When synchronizing with iTunes, books from the bookstore and PDFs are saved and transferred into iTunes. But I cannot do the same for manually added ePub books that I added using USB transfer (I think I used Downloader lite). Anyway, since I am using generally Ubuntu, I use the iTunes sharing folder from an app to copy stuff in my iPad from Ubuntu. Then I just open the app, select the file and do a "Open in..." to put the file in the proper native app.

I have three books that I got a long time ago, put them on my iPad using Ubuntu. My problem is that I cannot find the originals on my computer, and I would like to copy those 3 books in my iPhone. If only I could find my cd from where I rediscovered this books, that would solve my issue...

But I find it strange that manually added PDFs are saved, but not manually added ePub books...

Any hint?

VicoPad addict!

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I finally got lucky with an app called iBook transfer. The evaluation mode let me export my 3 ebooks to my PC, and then I was able to copy them into my iPhone... Note to myself: make a backup that you can find...

Still annoys me that those 3 books were not seen by iTunes, thus preventing any backup...

VicoPad addict!

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got lucky with an app called iBook transfer. The evaluation mode let me export my 3 ebooks to my PC, and then I was able to copy them into my iPhone... Note to myself: make a backup that you can find...

Still annoys me that those 3 books were not seen by iTunes, thus preventing any backup...

VicoPad addict!

I can't find an app named "iBook Transfer". Are you sure that was the name?

Most reactions

Latest posts