What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canot find my purchased movie.

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently rented a movie from Itunes. When the time expired it disappeared from my ipad. I wanted to rent it again, itunes took my details so I presume it took my money. But the movie did not download again or is it to be seen any where in my library. I checked downloads but it is not there either. Then I thought perhaps it did not work so I entered it again. itunes told me i had all ready downloaded the movie did I want to rent it again, I entered yes, but no movie to be found not very happy :thumbsdown::mad:. Has this ever happened to any of you? and what can i do about it?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There, no-I have never re-rented a movie from itunes. If I remember correctly, you have 30 days from the time of purchase to view the rented movie. If you start to view it, you have 48 hours form the start time before it expires.

Have you checked the Video app section of your ipad to see if it is there?

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it is not there. Cant find it even in my purchases. Thank you for your reply.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to close out the video app and restart it to see if it will show? To do this double click the home button until you get the multi-task bar. Long press the video app until it shakes and press the upper red circle to close it. Restart the video and go to Store/Movie/Purchase and see if it shows up.

If that does not work-power off the ipad than turn it back on. See if it that gives it a go.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did what you said. It is not there. Looked on my iMac no were to be found either. It will be interesting to see if I will be charged.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you were charged for the movie,you will receive an iTunes receipt in your email inbox.This can happen almost immediately or as long as several days after the purchase was made.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has me really puzzled , I rented another titled movie and it downloaded ok. It sits under rented Movie.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This has me really puzzled , I rented another titled movie and it downloaded ok. It sits under rented Movie.

As that is what should happen. I am not sure what happen to your other movie, I saw some of your previous posts and see that you had some trouble with the password being accepted on your ATV. Maybe that had some doing to it? Hopefully they don't charge you, but watch for a receipt of your purchase in the meantime so you can speak to apple for a refund.

Most reactions