What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot hide purchased apps on ipad

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to hide some purchased apps on app store on ipad, but I'm not able to do it

In theory you should just swipe on icon and an "hide" button should appear, but instead nothing happen

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To hide or delete an App press it and hold until the icons all jiggle. Then press the minus sign next to the App you want to delete, confirm it and you are done.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not a good hide, but you could drag the apps to a tenth or twelfth page leaving a number of blank pages between them and your first couple of populated pages.
I use this trick to loose sight of a couple of ugly apps like games centre which I never use, but can't delete.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but on a stock iPad, there is no way to hide apps, short of sticking them in a folder and then putting that folder on your back most page. And, you can't leave blank pages on the iPad. Once you've stopped the icons from wiggling, any blank pages will disappear as if they were never there. There must be at least one icon on a page for that page to stay in existence.

Marilyn

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the OP is talking about the "purchased" list in the App Store app. I have noticed a few people about who have a need to remove items from this list, but I'm not sure why they want or need to do that.

In answer to the question, with the iOS 6 update, I'm not aware of a way to remove them. It is essentially mirroring what is in your AppleID account, so maybe you can remove them from iTunes on your PC/Mac somehow.

OP
R

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes I meant in the purchased list on the store

it seems it's only possible from pc

before it was also possible by swyping the icon and then pressing "hide"

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Looks like that feature is gone, at least for now. I tried every combination of swipe and taps I could think of without any luck.

We can hope Apple sneaks it back in with a followup update.

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Not a good hide, but you could drag the apps to a tenth or twelfth page leaving a number of blank pages between them and your first couple of populated pages.
I use this trick to loose sight of a couple of ugly apps like games centre which I never use, but can't delete.

Why not just plug your Ipad into your PC/Mac and when it is time to sync with Itunes, just uncheck the apps you don't want showing on your Ipad? Hope that answers your question?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Why not just plug your Ipad into your PC/Mac and when it is time to sync with Itunes, just uncheck the apps you don't want showing on your Ipad? Hope that answers your question?

The OP is not trying to hide apps on the iPad. They are trying to hide the apps that appear in the Purchased tab of the App Store; or it's possible I'm the one confused. That's possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts