What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannot connect to iTunes store" error help

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what's going on. When I try to connect to iTunes or the App Store via my iPad 2 (16gb, wifi), I get the "Cannot connect to iTunes store" error.

My password is correct. Router, internet, firewall, etc are all fine. I've tried this on a number of networks, connections, and whatnot. Connecting to the App Store on my desktop is successful. I've not only done a reset, Apple replaced my iPad yesterday when they couldn't figure out the problem.

Well, it's still happening.

When I'm in Settings>Store and try to select Music, Apps, or Books to auto-download on other devices, they automatically switch back to "off." Could that be related?

This is driving me nuts. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

jasperandrews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds a bit strange. You've done everything I would have done! The only thing I can think of is maybe you have made a simple spelling mistake with your apple ID?
I hope this helps. Good Luck!

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. But I know that that's not the case. iBooks works fine as does anything else requiring my Apple ID.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh heck! I can't think what else you could do, Sabre! Usually a hard or soft reset of the iPad works for me or turning off the router and on again. Usually it's a router problem with me. You've got a new iPad so I don't know. I'm sure someone will come back with the right answer. I think it's a case of going through everything over and over. It's always something simple. Good luck!

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so I changed my email address on my account and got the same result. Is it possible that an app is preventing me from accessing the iTunes store?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Not heard of that before. Have you tried the Internet. When I get desperate, I ask all the Apple forums for answers.

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've asked everywhere...no one has a solution. I think it has something to do with the iCloud transition.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SingingSabre said:
I've asked everywhere...no one has a solution. I think it has something to do with the iCloud transition.

Someone else has posted today they are having the same trouble with the settings - store on/off button
You're not alone, but I don't know the answer.

Update: they've now solved their problem. They signed out of their apple ID and then just signed back in. That fixed it for them.

Last edited:
OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone else has posted today they are having the same trouble with the settings - store on/off button
You're not alone, but I don't know the answer.

Update: they've now solved their problem. They signed out of their apple ID and then just signed back in. That fixed it for them.

Gah. No matter how I try that, it hasn't worked for me.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Boy, still going. Do you remember downloading anything before this started. I don't suppose someone else had a play on it. Gosh I hope you solve it.

OP
SingingSabre

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I fixed it late Monday. I downloaded the last beta of iTunes 10.5 and the GM of iOS5. Put iOS5 on my iPad and that fixed all the problems. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts