What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot close an attachment in email & return to email !

Flyhiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After opening a pdf attachment from my email (yahoo) in my iPad, I cannot close the attachment and return to that email text body or even my inbox. Have had my iPad for 1 year and never had this problem. Now that I have it, I am totally locked out of accessing email - sure hope someone can help me. i don't need the pdf that much to mind just deleting it or whatever but I really need to get back to my email inbox. Is there some sort of reset for email alone ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just joined this forum for this purpose alone but hope that my newbie status won't discourage you all from helping me . . (ie; like the father to his son - why do you only call me when you need money?!!)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flyhiguy said:
After opening a pdf attachment from my email (yahoo) in my iPad, I cannot close the attachment and return to that email text body or even my inbox. Have had my iPad for 1 year and never had this problem. Now that I have it, I am totally locked out of accessing email - sure hope someone can help me. i don't need the pdf that much to mind just deleting it or whatever but I really need to get back to my email inbox. Is there some sort of reset for email alone ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just joined this forum for this purpose alone but hope that my newbie status won't discourage you all from helping me . . (ie; like the father to his son - why do you only call me when you need money?!!)

I'm assuming you have opened attachments before so you have tried tapping the attachment and clicking the done button in the top left.......the only other option I can think of is the reboot, hold down the on/off and home buttons, wait for the White apple then when it has rebooted you should be able to go straight back into mail.

The Archangel

OP
F

Flyhiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot Solution for uncloseable attachment

Thank you Gabriel. Yes - I have used attachments regularly since day one. this is the first time I haven't been able to get a "done" button to show at the top left. Going to reboot mode now and will advise !

OP
F

Flyhiguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel - success as I am sure u expected. I always fear the reboot - don't know why ! Sorry for such a simple problem here but appreciate your help . . .

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flyhiguy said:
Gabriel - success as I am sure u expected. I always fear the reboot - don't know why ! Sorry for such a simple problem here but appreciate your help . . .

I don't know what we would do without that reboot suggestion, it gets rid of most glitches and I do it automatically now.

Reaction score
The menu bar sometimes hides, usually after a certain inactivity, or when taping in the attachment.

To reactivate the menu bar, either tap into the attachment, or if that doesn't help, zoom out first and then tap into the attachment. Zooming out fixes most glitches, where you cannot go back to the previous slide.

Of course Rebooting also works and your particular problem is already solved.

Most reactions

Latest posts