What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canceling contacts

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I open email and want to send an email I have all the people listed that I have ever sent an email to. These people are not listed in my contacts so how do I delete them?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's Mail app keeps a list of 'frequently used recipients'. Mail on the Macintosh does the same but, on that computer, there is the facility to clear that list. Unfortunately no such facility exists on the iPad.

Several members have complained about this and there is no known way to purge the list of names - particularly annoying if it contains mistyped names that have been accidentally entered and are now continually 'suggested' as you start to type a new email.

The only good news is, I'm afraid, that the list is not infinite and those names eventually 'fall off the end' of the list.

Tim

OP
PvtMatter

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The iPad's Mail app keeps a list of 'frequently used recipients'. Mail on the Macintosh does the same but, on that computer, there is the facility to clear that list. Unfortunately no such facility exists on the iPad.

Several members have complained about this and there is no known way to purge the list of names - particularly annoying if it contains mistyped names that have been accidentally entered and are now continually 'suggested' as you start to type a new email.

The only good news is, I'm afraid, that the list is not infinite and those names eventually 'fall off the end' of the list.

Tim

Tnks Tim. That is a bummer. Maybe in iPad3? Maybe in a jailbreak version for the new update?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, with jail breaking, everything is 'possible'. Maybe, too, when the next version of iOS is released this 'feature' will be added. I find it particularly annoying because these frequently used addresses (which might be mistypes) appear ahead of the suggestions from Contacts. Accidentally hit that mistype and it gets pushed right back into the frequently used list...

Tim

Most reactions