What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can your iPad case do this?

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mach 3 Composites iPad case

oR4P0.jpg

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it can.
Pelibox is much more robust. You can drive a car on top of it.

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a professional I think Pelican makes amazingly strong cases. We at Mach 3 Composites are going for a different look. Thank for your input though.

Last edited:

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the setting on the photo doesn't mean a thing.
I've seen ths done with 4 raw eggs.
If you set the eggs upright and put the bricks on slowly, they can carry tons.

What really means something is, if you show a heavy object in movement, e.g. a car driving over the case. If the iPad inside survives that, the case is really strong.

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the setting on the photo doesn't mean a thing.
I've seen ths done with 4 raw eggs.
If you set the eggs upright and put the bricks on slowly, they can carry tons.

What really means something is, if you show a heavy object in movement, e.g. a car driving over the case. If the iPad inside survives that, the case is really strong.

We build light strong cases made from 100% carbon fiber. The goal of our case is to give good protection in "real world" situations in your bag, suitcase or backpack and look cool. Not sure why you would want to drive a car over your ipad or your case. Thanks for your comments though.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not difficult to design and manufacture a tough case, given the state of modern materials technology. A more practical "real world" requirement is how much shock protection the case provides the device - e.g. if someone knocks it off the table and onto a cement floor, how well does the case buffer the impact and concussion?

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not difficult to design and manufacture a tough case, given the state of modern materials technology. A more practical "real world" requirement is how much shock protection the case provides the device - e.g. if someone knocks it off the table and onto a cement floor, how well does the case buffer the impact and concussion?

First, I completely agree that a case needs to have shock protection. We realize this so much that we have even thickened up our inside padding from our first round of cases when we saw Mike throw it down the concrete steps.

Second, crush protection is equally important. I have been dragging my laptop all over the world for work. I have had my screen cracked several times over the years while sitting in my bag(this was my motivation to start making carbon fiber cases).

Third, my vision is even though it's a hard case, it has to be low profile, extremely light(about 1.2 LBS) and look cool.

Fourth, I believe in first rate customer service and we stand behind our cases 100%. If a customer is ever not satisfied we will refund, replace, or repair to our clients satisfaction.

All great points and questions. I thank the both of you for taking interest in our products and taking the time to help raise awareness. Cheers.:)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That does look pretty hard core! Perfect for the airport - can I buy it with my frequent flyer miles? :D

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know we have tough critics here. But this is my attempt to pay tribute to David Gilmour with my version of solo #1 from Comfortably Numb.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUU5PJa-rI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUU5PJa-rI[/ame]

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks cool! I'm all for good designs on the inside of the case... To many of my iPhones have been scratched by poor case design & its the same for the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts