What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you set a tagged Facebook picture as your wallpaper?

Nousernamesleft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister in law has put some pictures up of my son and tagged me in them, is there any way I can make them my wallpaper or save them to my ipad? I'm feeling a bit lost without the ability to right click

OP
N

Nousernamesleft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did that and pressed save but can't find the pictures? They aren't on my photos

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As mentioned by Moonlit Sonata, if you press and hold the picture (displaying in Facebook), you get an option to "Save Photo."

That saved photo goes into your Photos app (the flower icon). Once it's there, you have two ways to make a picture your wallpaper (should you choose). The first way is to go into your Photos app and open that picture. Once it's showing, look for the curvy arrow icon up in the right hand side of the iPad screen. When you press the arrow, one of the options is to "Use as Wallpaper." Press that option and select "Set Lock screen" or "Set Home Screen." That's it.

The second way to make a wallpaper for your iPad (lock screen or home screen) is to go into the Settings app (the gear icon). In the left column of the settings is a line titled "Brightness and Wallpaper." Press that and then press the Wallpaper box. You'll be offered a chance to use the stock Apple-provided wallpaper or to get a photo from your Camera Roll (different wording for your Photos). Pick the one you wish and then decide whether it's for the lock screen or the home screen.

Probably more info than you needed (or wanted :)) - but I hope some of t]it is useful.

Marilyn

OP
N

Nousernamesleft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus copy and save are the only 2 options that come up so I'm not sure how I'd make it a background

OP
N

Nousernamesleft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned by Moonlit Sonata, if you press and hold the picture (displaying in Facebook), you get an option to "Save Photo."

That saved photo goes into your Photos app (the flower icon). Once it's there, you have two ways to make a picture your wallpaper (should you choose). The first way is to go into your Photos app and open that picture. Once it's showing, look for the curvy arrow icon up in the right hand side of the iPad screen. When you press the arrow, one of the options is to "Use as Wallpaper." Press that option and select "Set Lock screen" or "Set Home Screen." That's it.

The second way to make a wallpaper for your iPad (lock screen or home screen) is to go into the Settings app (the gear icon). In the left column of the settings is a line titled "Brightness and Wallpaper." Press that and then press the Wallpaper box. You'll be offered a chance to use the stock Apple-provided wallpaper or to get a photo from your Camera Roll (different wording for your Photos). Pick the one you wish and then decide whether it's for the lock screen or the home screen.

Probably more info than you needed (or wanted :)) - but I hope some of t]it is useful.

Marilyn

Thank you that is useful. Only problem is I press save and the go to pictures and they aren't showing up? Does my ipad just not like me

OP
N

Nousernamesleft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I managed to find a longer way based on your info but it works. I have to go onto the normal Facebook (not app) then click download and then hold and press save. For some reason that works but just going to Facebook through the app or clicking save without download first doesn't. Thank you for your help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You mean "go to pictures" in that you go to your Photos app and the picture(s) are not there after you've saved them from Facebook?

Cause that is weird - I saved a random photo from Facebook in writing this response and it worked as I described. Here is a screenshot of my Photos app (when I first opened it):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356551884.664728.jpg

That top picture you see is the one I got from FB; see that I am in the "Albums" view of the Photos app. When I press on that photo, the album "Camera Roll" opens up and I see all the pictures that are in it (the newest photo is always the very last one).

I honestly don't know why your photos aren't there; I'm stumped. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
N

Nousernamesleft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's wierd but when I go through the app version of Facebook it won't save them, despite giving me the option to save. But when I go to Facebook through the Internet it comes up with save image rather than just save and that makes it save to my photos (I don't have to click download anymore just save works now)
I think maybe ,y Facebook app is the problem, I may just uninstall it. Thanks again for all your help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok I managed to find a longer way based on your info but it works. I have to go onto the normal Facebook (not app) then click download and then hold and press save. For some reason that works but just going to Facebook through the app or clicking save without download first doesn't. Thank you for your help

To save a picture directly from the FaceBook app, you have to tap it so that it opens on it's own screen (not your newsfeed). After than you can tap and hold on the picture to get the Save Photo option. The picture will show up in the Camera Roll in the Photos app.

Most reactions

Latest posts