What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we transfer media from iPads to computer via USB once 'supervised' by Configurato

maasd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a school board in Canada where we've had a lot of schools by 20-40 iPads to be shared by all students. Until a month or two ago, we did not have Apple's VPP for purchasing multiple licenses of apps, and we were not using Apple Configurator to 'image' iPads which would be shared amongst students across a school. Being that the devices were shared, one of the safe/appropriate practices we were doing was teaching kids how to connect their iPad to a computer via USB to tranfer images and movies from the camera roll once they were finished with a project using a media creation app.

We've just started using Configurator to put licensed apps on our devices, and have discovered that we can no longer connect via USB to transfer media off the device. Does anyone know of any special settings in Configurator that would allow us to do this? My fear is that if we 'unsupervise' the devices we won't be able to add our apps, and if we 'supervise' them we won't be able to transfer media easily. We're not supporting third-party file transfer/storage apps like Dropbox due to our province's strict privacy laws, so my question is specifically about settings in Configurator that would allow USB transfer of media.

Thanks! First post here and hope to learn/share a lot!
Danny

Most reactions

Latest posts