What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I get deleted documents back ? Please help

Ipad confused

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost documents off pages app, it was backed up on iTunes before I lost documents, I have since sold that ipad to upgrade, is there anyway of getting my documents back from either I tunes or the pages app? Please help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I lost documents off pages app, it was backed up on iTunes before I lost documents, I have since sold that ipad to upgrade, is there anyway of getting my documents back from either I tunes or the pages app? Please help
If you still have the backup you can restore your new iPad and set it up with the backup of your old iPad. The backup should have the data stored in the Pages app and other apps included in your backup.

OP
I

Ipad confused

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus my new ipad has loads and loads of pictures which I don't want to loose

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was sync to iTunes but with my old computer, ?

Plus my new ipad has loads and loads of pictures which I don't want to loose
You could transfer the pictures on your iPad to your computer so you don't lose them, then connect it to iTunes on your old computer to restore from the backup. If you want, you can then connect to iTunes on your new computer and transfer purchases to iTunes and make a backup of your new iPad on your new computer.

Here's how to avoid losing data when connecting your iPad to iTunes on your new computer after restoring it with the backup of your old iPad on your old computer.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3445538?tstart=0

OP
I

Ipad confused

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for taking the time to try and help,,, I don't have my old computer,,, I got a new ipad and computer within a couple of weeks of each other, so I don't have the original ipad the docs was on or the original computer it was backed up on that's why I'm hoping they would be on iTunes or a pages app back up .... Bloody technology - should have done my docs on a type writer :0)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks for taking the time to try and help,,, I don't have my old computer,,, I got a new ipad and computer within a couple of weeks of each other, so I don't have the original ipad the docs was on or the original computer it was backed up on that's why I'm hoping they would be on iTunes or a pages app back up .... Bloody technology - should have done my docs on a type writer :0)
In that case, the only way your backup would have survived would have been if it was an iCloud backup rather than a backup to iTunes. I'm sorry I couldn't help.

The only way for your documents in Pages to have survived is if you had set Pages to backup to iCloud. http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202028

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you had iCloud Documents turned on for Pages, then you should have copies in icloud.com. Visit that site in a desktop web browser and choose the Pages app. You sign in with your iCloud ID and password.

If you didn't have iCloud Documents turned on, then the only copy will be in your backups; iTunes or iCloud. scifan57 has already covered that.

Most reactions

Latest posts