What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I disable certain folders I've created on my homepage

Megpiemeg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, my four year old daughter uses the iPad as #1: a communication tool, as she is nonverbal and #2: a Educational tool. I have set up the home screen to only show her communication app and a folder of Educational games then I put two folders at the bottom for Entertainment apps and videos then a Lifestyle folder with pretty much everything else inside. I need to know how or if I can disable certain folders at certain times so that when she takes it to school it's not an option to use anything but her communication app. Hope I've made myself clear and that someone may have an answer.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the iPad's 'Settings' menu you can disable certain apps - such as Safari and YouTube - and you can prevent certain actions - such as adding or deleting email accounts or apps and prevent in-app purchases.

But that's about it. So, for example, there is no mechanism for disabling access to email or apps in general and there is no mechanism, in general, for barring access to certain folders on the iPad. Individual apps might provide such a facility for their own data or functions but there is no central mechanism where you can simply decide which apps or folders you want to authorise access to.

Tim

OP
M

Megpiemeg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You! Didn't think soo but I had to try! I guess I'll just have to do it manually each day. ~Megan

Most reactions

Latest posts