What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i call on ipad3?

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have skype, but you can only make/receive calls via email for free. You have to pay for calling phone numbers (like a cell phone). Now I have Talkatone on my ipad that I can call/receive/text any number (phone/cell phone) in us and canada free. It's big difference!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have skype, but you can only make/receive calls via email for free. You have to pay for calling phone numbers (like a cell phone). Now I have Talkatone on my ipad that I can call/receive/text any number (phone/cell phone) in us and canada free. It's big difference!

Yay! Glad you got it to work for you. As I said, I've used it and I quite liked it. Very handy.

Marilyn

sdleasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started using Talkatone and Google Voice to make calls with wireless only. Pretty cool. That is the only bad thing; you gotta be connected to wireless. Tango works good too. Facetime with wireless only. My 4G part of the iPad has never been activated since I bought it - it just an off-the-shelf WalMart iPad.

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...That is the only bad thing; you gotta be connected to wireless...
Not so true: when you use mac with internet connection (wire or wireless), you can setup google voice to make/receive calls through home phone (or cell phone?) as well as text by mac; no TaT needed. I think a big advantage from TaT is that using it with ipad makes ipad become a virtual wireless cell phone (for free).

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Besides, there's free wifi in the parking lot of every McDonald's and Starbucks, plus many motels, gas stations, and restaurants. Not as convenient as a cell phone, but it's there if you really need it.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts