What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can files on iPad be renamed

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put a hundred or so Youtube music video downloads on my iPad2 and they all play great but I would like to rename most of them to put the artist name first and the song name second.

Is there a way to do this?

YouTube is great if you like music videos but the actual file titles are all over the place.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to do this outside of iTunes.

I know you can change the names of folders and you can delete video files within the iPad, but AFAIK you can only change filenames within iTunes and then sync up again.

But I could be wrong.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
i believe only on a jail broken iPhone/iPad as they have closed operating system, unlike the mac and windoze

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad2 is a clever device but it is not a real computer. It is about 2/3 of a computer. There are a lot of things it does well and other things that it does not do at all.

If a person can only afford one computer I would strongly suggest a Windows computer. The iPad is a child's toy as compared to a real computer that works.

Most reactions

Latest posts