What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone recomend a good GPS family tracking app with tracing, no alerts , privacy?

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at all these GPS tracking/tracing apps to find the right one used to monitor a devices locations with bread crumbs / traces on maps via a email, Some have an option to shut of receiving alerts from other users one shares their locations with so they simply can see everything on a map while draining the iphone or ipad's battery working in the background, while others do not even provide the option and avoid the suspicious reasons anyone would want to use a tracking app for to spy on another, and unlike the spy types that use the person's phone number most of these iPhone iPad apps use emails and websites but then privacy can be of a concern because if predators can see every move made by a whole family, company or even private detectives working in the field the app is simply a no no.

Please do share any experiences or suggestions, i spent 4 hours online yesterday and gained 5lbs looking for something, i tried life360, looked ok, no tracing, constant notifications and it used a website, i had no time to look more into the privacy of the whole FREE GPS tracking app and website thiny but its free and who knows why right....

cant wait to see what you guys know, thanks for sharing in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Find my Friends (Apple's own app) does not do breadcrumbs, but should otherwise meet your needs, at least the privacy ones.

Sorry. It's the only one I am familiar with.

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find my Friends (Apple's own app) does not do breadcrumbs, but should otherwise meet your needs, at least the privacy ones.

Sorry. It's the only one I am familiar with.
well this is a pro apple site now right?

i see tons of apps, ill ask around

AppPortion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends what you're after. If you want something on a budget and primarily need current locations then Find My Friends is a great tool. If you're all on the same Apple ID you can even use Find My iPhone too. However, if you want breadcrumbs and history then you may have to step up to something paid.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
well this is a pro apple site now right?

Not really. We're just a bunch of iPad owners getting together to help each other. Apple is not involved with this site at all. The moderators and admins are unpaid volunteers. However, it is one of the largest, if not the largest, iPad forums available. So it's certainly worth asking here, and then sticking around to see what other useful bits you can learn.

It's also great community, worth hanging out just for the company.

johnhall22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you haven't read the thread about the cloud base GPS tracking.. I actually used it on my iPad and it works fine for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts