What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help me figure out how to adjust my camera resolution settings on my ipad mini 2 ios 10.2

waldo74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having trouble trying to find the settings adjustment for camera on my ipad mini 2 running ios 10.2. I am reading that there isn't a way to adjust the camera resolution, only video. Is this true? If so can anyone suggest an camera app that will allow me to adjust the camera resolution setting down to 640 X 480? I am needing to do this in order to use the companion app for Home Gauge 5 inspection software and they suggest adjusting to this resolution for upload reasons to do with file size. They allow up to 200 MB upload to their cloud from the companion software; so lower res allows you to upload more photos, albeit at a lower res quality I understand. I will most likely attempting to upload 20-40 pictures to their cloud. I am not sure what the breakdown is in MB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not possible to adjust settings for the built in Camera app on the iPad. I don't think there's a camera app that can do what you need.
There are apps, though, that can resize photos taken with your iPad. One of them is Photogene, just as an example. There are certainly others as well.

OP
waldo74

waldo74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not possible to adjust settings for the built in Camera app on the iPad. I don't think there's a camera app that can do what you need.
There are apps, though, that can resize photos taken with your iPad. One of them is Photogene, just as an example. There are certainly others as well.
Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use the Workflow app for resizing images that I want to upload to the web. It takes a bit of setup, but once you've done it you can use it from the Photos app, or any other app that uses the Sharesheet.

Workflow is a automation app that lets you create sequences of actions on the iPad. In the case of my image workflow it takes a selected image, reduces the horizontal size to 1200, reduces the vertical in proportion to the vertical, then saves the result in an album in the Photos app.

It sounds complicated, but it's only a two step flow.

The advantages of doing it this way are:

- fewer steps
- works on multiple images

If you decide to try it and have problems making or using it, let me know and I'll help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had to scratch this itch. I made a workflow more tailored to your needs, just to see if I could.

It's more complicated than the original, so I'll share it incase you (or anyone else) decide to try Workflow.

The workflow takes however many images you've selected in Photos then downsizes them to 640 horizontally if they are landscape, or 480 if they are portrait. This is better than cropping to exactly 640 x 480, since it avoides cutting off part of the image.

The results are saved to the album WebSized in the Photos app. The WebSized album must be created manually in Photos before running the WebSize workflow for the first time.

WebSize

Most reactions

Latest posts