What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera: not so much a bug, more an irritation and/or a feature? Beware!

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have Camera open ready to take a shot and want to access the Control Centre then beware ...

The first "single finger upwards swipe" changes the framing from Photo to Square and does not open the Control Centre, it's the second swipe that does that!

Whilst a cursory glance at the screen would, of course, show the Square frame it is not always that you would look at the screen when taking a picture, you would be looking at the overall "shot" - in which case you may overlook the change.

As I said in the heading, not a "bug" in the accepted case but an irritation because something not blindingly noticeable happens which doesn't normally happen.

It would be a real pain to get back to Maison Moi after a world tour and find that a number of your best pictures were square rather than portrait or landscape.

And no, I haven't been on a world tour (although I have been abroad) and I did manage to spot the "feature" early enough to retake the first photographs and check that I hadn't inadvertently changed framing every time!

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out iBozz, good to know. Although there would be no way that I would just rely on the iPad's camera on an overseas trip. A camera and SD cards for once-only photos for me:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fair point about the camera and, if I was going somewhere "special", I would take a good camera.

However, I always have the iPad with me whereas the camera is only packed when required - and besides the iPad takes better pictures than my curren aging Nikon!

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to know iBozz. However if you use a four finger swipe you immediately end up in the Control centre.

Most reactions