What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

camera kit

t.w.h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the camera connector for my ipad2. Does anyone know if I can use this to read movies from an SD card onto the Ipad or tv without having to transfer said movies to the ipad first?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Saw your other duplicate post and hopefully a moderator will come along and close it - :thumbs:

The short answer is NO - but check out this THIS THREAD and also the link in my first post; finally, this has been a common question as you can imagine so some searching will likely produce some interesting reading!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am unsure of the answer on a stock iPad (I think you can view videos, but I don't know if you can show them on the TV - or not have to put them on the iPad first). I know you can on a jail broken one. Hopefully, someone will be along to answer your question as to whether it's possible on a stock iPad.

Oh, and I deleted the duplicate post you made over in the iPad2 sub-forum. Duplicate posts fragment the conversation and confused those following along. Thanks for understanding.

Marilyn

OP
T

t.w.h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,

Thanks for your reply. It's sometimes a bit confusing as to where to put certain posts, so thanks for deleting the duplicate.

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I found that if you get your SD card, make a folder called"DCIM", open another folder called "100NIKON", then put the video in there
Rename it to DSCF0001 and see if it's detected, it sees my camera like that, and the cameras video files.
I did as above and imported various pictures, it didn't detect any pics until they were renumbered as above, if you use windows rename
Please remember, it won't detect any hyphens, quotes or () etc...eg DSCF (1).jpg, DSCF (2). Jpg won't be seen so you need to change them.

Hope this works

OP
T

t.w.h

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a cam kit and cables so I'll update when I try them. Thanks for your replies.

Hi,
I found that if you get your SD card, make a folder called"DCIM", open another folder called "100NIKON", then put the video in there
Rename it to DSCF0001 and see if it's detected, it sees my camera like that, and the cameras video files.
I did as above and imported various pictures, it didn't detect any pics until they were renumbered as above, if you use windows rename
Please remember, it won't detect any hyphens, quotes or () etc...eg DSCF (1).jpg, DSCF (2). Jpg won't be seen so you need to change them.

Hope this works

Most reactions

Latest posts